1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank John Walters

Discussion in 'General' started by James223, Mar 21, 2005.

1. James223

James223 Well-Known Member

I can't thank the UGA Dawg enought for ALL his help this weekend and RRR. Not only did he come back to win the SOLO 20 on Saturday he spent a LOT of time with me trying to work out a carb problem on my ole' SV. He is very smart with those bikes a figured the problem out just by listening to the bike. Only problem is I didn't have what I needed to fix it so I figured I was going to have to suffer through the weekend on 1.5 cylinders and not do to well. As I was putting the tank back on the bike John says

"no way you can use my carbs" and basically took HIS OWN bike apart to lend me parts for my races on Sunday.

Not only did it make my bike run great but I got my first two podiums EVER (2nd in LWT SS and LWT SB). I guess he has "magic carbs" :D:D

But seriously John totally demonstrated why I love this sport in the first place. I can't thank you enough

James

2. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Way to go!

Congratulations!

:beer:

Great community!

3. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Hey James,
    No problem Dude. I'll tell ya, if the red flag hadn't happened in that last race, I think you had that guy's number and was gonna put a hurtin' on 'im. Great job and glad I could help. Let me know if you need anything else. If you have any questions on installing the new parts, shoot me a pm. Congrats on the Podiums, you deserved em.:D

4. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Look at you, Dawg! First race back and you're at the top of the podium! Congrats, bro! :up:

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Yep, ol' JW is just good people. John was taking kicking ass and taking names when i first got into this sport 4 years ago, was one of the first racers i met (gastard), among the others on "tard row", and to see him come back and take a win on his first weekend back was AWESOME!!!!!

Congrats to both of you, John and James, was great hanging with you guys this weekend and watching both of you do so well. Keep up the good work!!

Hey John, getting that trophy this weekend, is the wife gonna be pissed that you got another taste of the drug? :Poke:

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

6. Mr. Wu

Mr. Wu Career "Back-Marker"

That's awesome ... John is a great guy. Congratulations on the podiums ... You're my here :D

Wu

7. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the win John! :clap:

8. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

He's still a butthole...but I guess he's a fast one. :D

good job dawg.

9. Mark91ex

Mark91ex Leg-Over!

Good Ol' Boy!!!

Way to go John,

I have known John for as long as I can remember, and that is the way he has always been. He has always been willing to take the shirt off his back if it would help someone else. John is a outstanding guy and I feel lucky to have him as a friend!

Way to go Dude!!!!:beer:

10. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Welcome back, John!!! CONGRATS!!!!
    :beer:

What a difference from another weekend at RRR soooooo many years ago.......<ahem> ......<gas tank>..... <ahem>

:Poke:
    :D

11. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

LOL RZ, Yeah, I would rather not "remember" that particular RRR weekend.:D However, I did make sure to check my gas before the solo. :p

Thanks alot guys. It's always great to come back to the track. I do miss it a ton. Not just the track but all the good people I come in contact with. It felt like I hadn't been gone for two seasons. Everyone was soooo nice as usual and I got to see some new faces as well. I will tell ya though, it was all I could do NOT to go out there on Sunday and mix it up in the sprints. I guess ya never lose that competitive gene. My grandfather gave it to me.

Ya'll don't worry about the wife, she's warming up to it because she sees how I am when I get home. My face hurts from smiling so much. She knows how much it helps me keep my sanity. Besides, I got home and took her to dinner on the remaining Solo cash. She'll be at the track this year and is anxious to meet the whole "Family". :beer: Geez she's heard me talk about ya'll enough.

Congrats again to James. Me thinks we might have another to play with next year in the expert ranks.:D