1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TechAir Race firmware update issue

Discussion in 'General' started by yokohama1, May 19, 2023.

1. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

I am trying to update the firmware to version 2.09 but when I try it says “no firmware in encrypted file.” Then it shows another message “ Firmware upgrade error. Reason: decrypt failed.”
    I downloaded the update directly from A Stars portal.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. 23103a

23103a Well-Known Member

You downloaded the newest program file for the Connect program too right?

3. yokohama1

That was what was needed. Thank you.

4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

While we’re on the firmware topic… I’ve never connected or updated or messed with my Tech Air Race. I’ve just used it and it worked once with one charge remaining. Should I bother with any firmware update or just keep using it?

I bought it in 2019. I recall the instructions said to return every 3 years for an inspection and service, but last time I talked to Astars, they told me to keep wearing it until I use the 2nd charge. Hmmm

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

6. yokohama1

I don’t think I would send it in for just an inspection. The update software seems to do diagnostics on the air bag and should let you know if anything is not working properly. Kind of cool because you can move the air bag around and see how the sensors are reacting.
    Not sure if you bought yours new but if it was used you will need to get it transferred to you to update.