1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teach me about: Flat trackin'

Discussion in 'General' started by SGVRider, Jan 25, 2012.

1. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

There's a flattrack in Lawrenceburg, IN, about 20 minutes from here I was thinking about trying out some time. I hear you can help clean up on Saturday mornings from the races the night before and they'll let you practice on the track as much as you want. I was thinking about putting a set of rain tires on my 525 motard and trying it out.

What's the class structure like? Can you still be competitive on stock suspension in beginner classes?

2. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Yep! Rain tires work well. Just slow down the rebound in the rear.

3. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

On LinkedIn Chris Carr just added a 'language spoken" -- Dirt Track. I love that guy.

Dreb

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Varies from orginization to orginization but in general I believe the classes mirror MX/SX. The big ones are; A 250cc 4st class. A 450cc 4st class. And if it's above a short track sized track, an open class for the bigger than 450 bikes. Sometimes open is pretty much the 450 class with a few 500-600cc rotaxes and such thrown in. This all depends on how many entries there are for open. Some classes get combined.

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Yeah I figured the bigger than 450 would be a problem for me. I guess I'll see how I like it, just playing around first.