1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tally TRACKDAY Sept 22nd.....they say it's just like riding a bike

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, Sep 13, 2013.

1. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

It's been over 2 years since I rode a bike....but I'm gonna try it again. so this is just a quick shout out for a bit of assistance...

I'm doing the Marietta Motorsports Talladega trackday on September 22nd. And I'm looking at just doing a few sessions to see if the bike all works n such.

I'm hoping to pit on pit lane, but I'm hoping for a couple of guys to launch me and catch me...

So, if you happen to already be going to the trackday, and would not mind launching and catching me in the "street" group sessions....then I would be very much appreciative. :)

And a big hey to anyone on here who still knows me :D

2. sowega

sowega #710

If you're coming to help Mark, I'll either comp or reimburse you for your gate fees. -Ed

3. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

This makes me happy. Have a ball Mark! :beer:

4. MarkB

Noooo...don't want anyone to come especially just to help...hoping to find someone who will be at the track anyway who doesn't mind catching me after the checker....

But thanks Ed...ur the man :)

5. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

Awesome!

Whenever someone asks me what club racing is like, I have them watch your DVD. It's the best way for people to get it.

Have fun.

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Have fun MarkB.:clap:

7. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

awesome! have fun Mark.

8. sowega

sowega #710

And, if you show up to help Mark, you'll of course get free lunch, drinks, and snacks like all the other trackday attendees.

Huey may even let you sit in the kiddie pool with him.

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Mark,
    I'm going to pm you my cell number. I was paralyzed on June 1 at RRR. I'd love to talk to you. I'm classified as incomplete Asia B rating with most damage done to T8.
    Joe

10. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

wow MarkB thats cool! what are you riding? if its anything like Doug Henry's machine you gotta post some pix!

kinda hard to forget a guy that does multiple mid air cartwheels 20ft above ground! LOL something tell me you might not remember that one at Rd Atl. T1 too well though.

it was a sight like no other Ive seen.

keep the rubber on the road and best of luck, have fun!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  11. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

Much respect, Mark! It's a shame more people don't have your spirit. Have a blast out there!

12. 418

418 Expert #59

Still got my copies of RoadRACE. Should be a classic by now. :up:

13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Vosnick had Mark's stuff playing all weekend on the TV outside his toyhauler, Mark should do some more. <hint hint>

14. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Haa, I still have the vid you made..........a looong time ago. Good to see you getting back out there, have a great time...:beer:

15. caferace

caferace No.

I think I bought four copies of that vid. In a box, somewhere ... Just in case Mark ran out. :)

Enjoy the day, sir.

-jim

16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Remember what I said after my "moment" coming through 10 at Barber? This is the Mark I was talking about that I thought of when It happened.

Man I wish I could be there at Tally. The Barber video of you getting back on the track is moving to say the least.

17. sowega

sowega #710

BUMP.

C'mon, guys.

18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Bump again.

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

No one has volunteered yet?

20. MarkB

Great to read all those comments there...!!!

I think I'll just come on down and see what happens. I just need some passing person to hold the bike and then catch me....no biggie...:)

I'll be riding the Ducati, and this time it will have working shifter, thanks to Mark at Ducshop

:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]