Tally Feb 18: Who's In?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 70yamahaR5, Jan 24, 2012.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

That's not a bad plan. You can set it up for rain and be ready no matter what happens come race time with no scrambling around.

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Joe...or anyone coming thru ATL on friday evening...are cordially invited to a party at Fuller HotRods. Some of you guys may be familiar with their work, Two Guys Garage, CafeRacer TV, etc....and there are always cool bikes and cars showing up at these things.

Bryans given me the thumbs up to put this out, so no issues.

I've attached the flyer...its usually a real good time. With Bryans shop being pretty hi-profile, things dont (usually;)) get too out of hand...just alot of good folks with some cool rides.

I'm sure any racebikes that show up would be welcomed and admired. Think of it as "Advertising WERA". :up:

With gaining an hour going over to tally, stopping, then getting over there in time to enjoy one by the firepit with RD400 should be pretty easy.

If anyone is seriously considering it, and is pulling a trailer (or anyone, period)....PM me and I'll send ya my cell number, so I can help with parking....it usually gets packed, and his shop is on a dead end, but right up front.

Sorry I'll miss the races gents...looking forward to Barber in May.:up:

Attached Files:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wish I could make it down there, looks like a blast.

4. CharlieY

You and Ev are welcome anytime. I figured it would be pushing it with Tally, but figured I'd throw it out there anyhow.

Save the Addy and stop by when you are in town sometime....literally the doors are open most of the time....there are always people stopping by.

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Looks uber cool but I have a few meetings at work on Friday afternoon so I can't split early to check out the scene. :(

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Next time I'm able to hit the V I'll make a day of it :D

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

That depends how fast my tire guy can Have the rains mounted...:Poke:

8. stickboy274

You never know on that one. On the upside, I don't think I'm the worst at mounting tires.

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I can pay you more to go very slowly than Dustin can to get them mounted. :D

10. stickboy274

We'll talk at the track :D

11. CharlieY

Is this that "Old age and Treachery" thing? :D

12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Bastids!!! It's a conspiracy!!! Lemme guess... Next some one will sabotage my bike so it drops a valve from my smooooooth down shifts... :beer:

13. stickboy274

Dangit, he's on to us.

14. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Could have waited till Thursday

Finally rounded up a battery, attached the tank and new fuel lines and bumped started the Monsoon and she purred around the neighborhood, after hours, like it was a street bike. Behaved well within that range of operation.

Thursday has been reserved by me mate, Keith. Seems his body is stabbing him in the knee. With his motor out and his knee out, he'd not quite get the bike together in time. If his body is ready, his bike sure will be!

Stay tuned.

15. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

Good Luck boys, I live to fight another day..............:up:

drink one of Francis' beers for me..:beer:

16. videojack

At least it is getting warmer, In Tally!

Saturday
    66 | 41 °F Rain
    100% chance of precipitation

17. videojack

Looks like more than an inch of rain for Saturday!

That track is sure gonna be clean by the end of the day...

Saturday (Day Time)
    Overcast with rain. High of 66F. Winds from the ENE at 5-10 mph. Chance of rain 100% with rainfall amounts near 0.9 in. possible.

Saturday Night
    Overcast with rain. Fog overnight. Low of 41F. Winds from the SE at 10-15 mph. Chance of rain 30% with rainfall amounts near 0.6 in. possible.

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Camping in the rain can suck. Anybody interested in splitting the cost of a hotel room Friday night?

19. videojack

Hey Joe, not sure how far you come in from, but the Atlanta guys just ride in from home.
    It's nice to gain an hour on the trip.

20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'm 2 hours from Atlanta. That's too far to drive in the AM and still be ready to race in the afternoon.