1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talladega - Who Is Going?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Hate McDead, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Here we are at the 1st of the month. Tally is less than 3 weeks away. Which of you scalliwags are going to fess up to planning on racing there?
    As for me, it's a 'hope and a prayer' but I've started to think about starting to think about maybe working on my bikes for that venue.
    Any other takers?

2. Hate McDead

If I drive all the way from Detroit to race in 500GP and none of you hooligans and scoundrels show up, I am going to be pissed. I'm planning on taking a couple of beat up old 60s bikes down there; a little 250 and a slightly bigger 350. So who else is going to line up on the grid with me?

3. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

Not sure the Mason-Dixon will be open that early in the year.

4. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

BTW, as I recall, didn't you take a detour in Louisville last time?

5. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

578 reply's or Whines to the vintage thread and crickets here??

6. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Going to try my best to at least make Sunday for V7 HW. Closing on sale of my house the 15th so pretty dicey.

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I'll be there doing tires and making sure you don't throw parts of your motorcycle away. See you there.

Dyle and XACT-Man like this.
  8. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I am sorry, me and my crash truck with trailer will be there.

Dyle likes this.
  9. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

Stick, will you be at Savannah for the Ahrma weekend?

10. stickboy274

Yes. Rolling in Thursday night.

11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Damn..........I need to move further south.

12. stickboy274

Only if you like to ride. The only thing that keeps me from doing two wheeled things 95% of the time, is me having work to do. The other 5% is weather.

britx303 likes this.
  13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

The main thing for me is im right in the middle of Summit and NJ.......2 hours to the west or 2 hours to the east. Makes doing most of a season and chasing points at the other Org easier with a full time career and a house full of girls tagging along.But this year im looking to do the VIR WERA round and NJ round since 2 rounds wont be so far. Glad I still have a V7 bike! Otherwise,even the wife talks about moving further south and has for several years now.

14. stickboy274

CMP is less than 2 hours, RRR is just over 2, Rd ATL is about 4, Tally about 5, Barber about 6, VIR just over 4, JGP about 6. It's not bad here.

Dyle, james walker and No Brakes like this.
  15. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

I’m in for V6LW and DSB. Unfortunate V6MW conflicts with DSB. Hopefully we can move FSS to Clubman race so I can get another race in too

16. Hate McDead

For fuck's sake, I hope we don't have to meet out in the back meadow. I've been a regular customer of yours on too many occasions.

stickboy274 likes this.
  17. Hate McDead

Bring some of them there Bridgestone slicks that I like for my modern singles. And please apply that 'good guy' discount that I've been begging for since we first met - back when you were still a young man.

stickboy274 likes this.
  18. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

Stickboy being a true Son of the South would never offer a 'good guy' discount to no carpetbaggin, stinkin' Yankee! Or on second thought, maybe he would, give old Hate some of those 'specials' you have in the back of the trailer, Stick.

stickboy274 likes this.
  19. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

V6mw??? Did I miss something in the rules?

20. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

It was a new class for 2017. Unfortunately we had limited entries.