1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talladega Roll call 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by TLR67, Dec 27, 2016.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Only 45 Days till the fun begins! Who's In.... And most important who's gonna help bring some Firewood for my Fire Pit? Looking forward to it... Check your Fax Mongo!

Bobby_Evans likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fax is at the office, I'm at home, screw dat :D

Although Evelyne did go running around so I'm sure she'll stop in, just like I did yesterday. Didn't look at the fax machine tho sorry.

TLR67 likes this.
  3. Maybe

TLR67 likes this.
  4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

^^ You better get your Oil Drilling Ass there!!!

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

In!!!!!!!!!!

cajun636 and TLR67 like this.
  6. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

We'll be there. Andrew's first race as an expert. I'll put firewood on my packing list.

TLR67, Boman Forklift and Metalhead like this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Wife said I should go
    Bike said it wants a new dress
    My leathers say they need some space

So I guess : in

8. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

Probably wont have my ride ready yet

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

should be there.

10. LilBabyGirl

LilBabyGirl Whiney Cunt

What's the weather like down there in February, durning races in the afternoon? I'm assuming it's pretty cold.

11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

We'll be there. Bring that fire pit over to our pits. We'll fire up some movies, We can make it a good time.

As hard as it is to believe, the weather at this event is usually nice. Cold at night, but very raceable.

LilBabyGirl likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Good Luck...Andrew and dad....fun times!! I think he is stepping up to a 600, is that correct? Did you still plan on hitting a MA event this year?

13. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Confused, the weather will be confused. It may be 30 at night and 65 during the day or it might be 35 and raining/sleeting/snowing.

Regardless, come prepared for all types but especially for fun, because it's guaranteed to he that!

Lazy Destroyer likes this.
  14. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

I'm in!

With a bike and a bright ass shirt this time :eek:

:Pop: :Pop: :Pop:

15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

You Go Blake!!!!

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some years cold, other years absolutely gorgeous mid 70's.

17. Pitdad42

Thanks, this will be his second year in the 600 class, first as expert. He exceeded my expectations in novice. Our goal is to make his pro debut at MA final race of the year at Barber. It will obviously depend on his times, but it looks promising. We had the opportunity to have Andrew instructed by Geoff May at the end of last season with great results. If he had someone in his pits that knew what they were doing, I bet he would do great. But for now he gets Mom and Dad.

WANABE RACER and Boman Forklift like this.
  18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

In the last couple of years, people were shy because of the forecast and it turned out to be really nice.

I think you were in shorts last year. I was not. But you have more insulation than me :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't push it. The worst thing I've ever seen happen to talented kids is going pro - even for just one or two rounds - too quickly. He shouldn't even both with MA until after a full season of Expert no matter how well he does.

20. Pitdad42

That's why we picked Barber at the end of the season. It's a decision he will have to make when the time comes, not his mom or I. Until then, we continue to prepare, i.e. switch to Dunlop, learn to go faster, find people who can help him better than I can. I think the worry is he started racing much later than other kids (17 years old) and feels like he need to catch up if he wants to race professionally.