1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tach question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by dwheeler, Jul 17, 2003.

1. dwheeler

dwheeler Well-Known Member

i have these little digital tachs/hour meters at work that are on small motors (generator,powerwasher),ect.. Question is would one of them work as a tach on a sv?
    not sure about how it works, is a lead clamped on the spark plug wire.

2. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

If they work by picking up one electrical pulse per revolution and its voltage/amperage input is within tolerance. I don't see why not.

Might be pretty handy to have an hour meter along with it. Can you try one and find out where you can get more (I guess swiping all the plant's is out of the question)?

3. dwheeler

well dont see why we dont need to replace some of them, the hours are getting high. so guess we would just have to pitch the old ones......

4. sv650nate

sv650nate Mr. Frame Sliders.

McMaster has hour meters. I can provide more info if you want.

5. Caferace 6

Caferace 6 -------------------------

Check out www.tinytach.com They have the tach for different engines. Could have one that will work on your bike.

6. dwheeler

those tinytach only go to 9k rpm. most of those litlle ones dont go very high

7. Caferace 6

Caferace 6 -------------------------

The tiny tach commercial model, 19,999 RPM and has a max RPM recall feature.:Poke: