1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sv1000 classes

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by shortbus6588, Apr 25, 2011.

1. shortbus6588

shortbus6588 Well-Known Member

what classes if any would an sv1k be competative in? i have a one as a track bike and would like to race it eventually

2. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Heavyweight Twins Superstock, and Heavyweight Twins Superbike are the first two for sprints.

You coming out this weekend?

3. shortbus6588

not to nelson, i have to work :down: i picked up a zx6 a while back to go racing on but its nowhare near finished and the sv and i just kinda click together.... i would love to race it but dont know whare i would fit in

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

HW Twins SS and SB. B classes as well as A classes and F1. HW Solo on Saturday.

5. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Yea, what Mongo said. I think the SV1K would be fun on the track. I considered building on last season.

6. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

Can't it run in MW now?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't think so but haven't looked at the rulebook to be sure.

8. ton

ton Arf!

as i read the last bit below, yes...

C SUPERSTOCK EXPERT & NOVICE and C SUPERBIKE EXPERT & NOVICE
    Up to 650cc 4-stroke multis
    Up to 675cc 4-stroke triples
    Up to 1200cc 4-stroke air-cooled twins
    Up to 850cc 4-stroke water-cooled twins
    Up to 550cc 2-stroke multis
    Unlimited singles
    Vintage 5 machines
    *Aprilia Tuono, KTM SuperDuke, Honda VTR1000F and Suzuki SV1000 are allowed in C Superstock and Superbike in Superstock trim only for both classes slicks are allowed in Superbike.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There ya go, add another couple classes for it (this is why I always refer to the rulebook :D )

10. shortbus6588

thanks for the info guys, much appreciated