sv 650 tuners

Discussion in 'Tech' started by iomTT, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

2. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

It has all started again though dude, just I have been saying it would:up: Yea I wank on a lot of shit on here often, but don't we all really. I am a racer Robby, it is all I know and love to do, and will still be doing it with a zimmer frame one day. The chassis for the 600 I was having built turned out to be a serious lemon, I was conned brilliantly by the twat I had commissioned to do it, and lost a decent amount of coin towards it. I will not be racing the 2016 ZX10 here, as the deal from Kawi NZ is just not with in a workable budget for me. So now I am focusing on finishing off the build of my GSXR600 and rebuilding the SV 650 to race both bikes here. Since the SV is running GSXR wheels, I will just change wheels out from the GSXR to the SV to keep my tire costs down, so just race the SV on my used tires, and keep the fresh one's for the GSXR. Why I am explaining all this- I have realised that people do read a lot of the shit I say on here, and just thought a clear up front brake down of my plans to go forward may be interesting to the ones that are interested. I now just Hope I can get a good SV motor here before the end of this month, it may be a bit tricky for Slick to deliver me one in time, due to his work load. Our 3 round Suzuki series, all live internet broadcasted by www.ctas.co.nz starts on the 6th of December.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Any one got a good Tuned std bore size tuned SV motor they are prepared to do a deal with me on to leace/hire in case I cannot get my motor through Slick in time?

I have an M4 System and the bored injectors and power commander set up here to run on it, ( STD ECU ONLY Currently) and would have it re dyno.ed fuel mapped to suit if if if if. I would also run your logo/name what ever on the body work here and same on my Leathers ( Only) on the SV at the TT in 2016 also if that would interest you at all.

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Does the NZ series use the IOM Ltwt rules?

5. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Nope. Engine rules are 100% open apart from Bore size mate

6. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

well then you can actually get a semi reliable 95hp....

Step 1: Buy billet crank.

7. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I do not have the time nor the money to build a complete race motor for 3 race meetings starting on the 6th of next month mate, hence my post looking to rent/hire/borrow a built reliable one

8. swiest152

If someone has a rocket SV motor, they are going to charge you as much to rent it as it is to build it because it's going to need rebuilt.

9. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Yup. I have a 3mm motor in my SV. If it were me, I'd want a deposit plus pay to have my mechanic rebuild it.

10. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

That makes sense I guess- Some thing I do not make a lot of often lol

11. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Sigma Slipper clutches? and Hyabusa Rods

Which is the best Sigma slipper to get?

And are the Hyabusa Rods the way to go instead of Std, as I just could not afford a set of Carrillo's currently

My Man In the Isle of Man will not be able to build me a motor in time for the end of this month, so I have to go hard and build myself some thing up. He is sending me a set of heads and cams today though at least, and I have pipe and bored injectors already.

Thanks in advance

12. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

OEM slipper is best, you can modulate it with lever on left handlebar :)
    Hayabusa rods are shorter than stock. Use 1st gen rods if you got no money.

13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

PM me your shop number and area dude, so I can call you with in 24 hrs from now please. Area also so I can work out time frame to call you on. What would an OEM Slipper and rods cost me through you buddy, or can you give me the correct part numbers, and I can look into what Price I could get them here for also, as Suzuki NZ do me good deals on my race parts still! I am broke yes, but nothing is gunna stop me racing this time some how I am doing this
    :up:

14. swiest152

Dude.. When he says OEM slipper, he means leave the clutch stock. AKA no slipper. Use the clutch to modulate.

You don't want busa rods. They are heavy and short .5mm shorter than SV rods. 1st gen rods are very hard to find new now, there are no more in the american warehouses.

Click the link in his signature.....

15. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Unless you landed on your head again and don't remember you should have my info, you bought parts from me not long ago :)
    Email me direct, address is in link bellow.
    I have new and used 1st gen rods if you want set.

16. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Aren't the later model 2nd gen rods (07+) the same as the 1st gen rods? Or at least better than the 03-06 rods? Or am I getting something else confused?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Not the same. An improvement over 03-06 but I wouldn't use then for anything but superstock.

18. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

So what rods would you run then dude?? SERIOUSLY please Name and part number if you have it please, I am running out of time here to do this 100% Can you also give me Part Number for Carrilo rods in case I find the cash in the next couple of days also, cheers

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  19. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

If you get info from him, getting the parts from him is the next step. Mining him for info and sourcing the parts elsewhere is shitty. Broke or not.

20. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Hence I asked for his phone number Dude!!!!!!!!