Suzuka Pictures

Discussion in 'General' started by DDK732, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wondered why he wasn't here this weekend.

2. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

yeah, but the southern accent really threw off the J-guys!

3. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

After the race....

Attached Files:

4. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Dude, I can only imagine.

-steve

5. 418

418 Expert #59

:stupid:

About as trick as they come right there. :cool:

Cool pics. Congrats on the race, what a accomplishment.

6. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Hey Papa, what's the deal with the carbon on the frame and swingarm? It must serve a purpose, but it looks like bling?

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I need to check on that. I would be inclined to think it has no structural purpose but I will get the answer from the boss.

8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Great stuff so far! Must have been quite an experience.

BTW, get any pictures of the TT Legends bike? :)

9. Gorecki

Gorecki verwirrt und orientierung

The kawi looks pretty cool, I'd tolerate that for a ride. :D

10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

:stupid:
    What were pit stop times like? Fastest pit stop? I love watching old vids of them at the 24 Hours on YouTube.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's all for crash protection. It adds 2 kg, but it's very effective.

12. Saw several bikes held up on a stand by what looks like one side via an engine mount/frame mount pin? Hard to imagine that much weight held there without alot wiggling going on when working.

13. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

They have been around a while, even at the club level. When done properly they are very stable.

14. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Low 16 seconds. The rules state that you can not add fuel while other work on the bike is being done. If not for that I'm sure the stops would be close to the 10 sec. mark.

15. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Sorry. I didn't get any of their bike. I did follow McGuiness around for a few laps in practice. We were running about the same lap times at that point. I was surprised at how "fluffy" he is. I'm impressed with how a guy that looks that far out of shape can run around the IOM pinned for so long! :bow:

16. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

If you compare it to the other Yamaha in that post the carbon makes it look a lot better too.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's not even a trick Suzuka bike. That bike is built primarily for the 24 hours of Le Mans and the Bol d'Or. If they do OK in other races, it's just gravy.

18. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

I seem to remember McGuiness once acknowledging that he was not "athlete fit, but he was bike fit..." (I para-phrase that comment - but it was along these lines) Regardless he carries the build of a normal bloke (not the waif like MotoGP guys) and still seems blindlingly fast. I got the first part down... :)

19. noobinacan

noobinacan Well-Known Member

nice pics...dude