1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuka 8 Hours | 2016

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jul 27, 2016.

1. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Are those knee sliders on the chestal region?

2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

BHP41 and mpusch like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Too funny. Pretty sure the kids had to help out when they ran with us so he's got experience :D

4. 418

418 Expert #59

Just catching the race today....

So apparently GMT had a issue with the wheels because they had to borrow 16.5s for this race? I guess Dunlop Japan still runs that size?

Kinda weird.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Seeing Kagayama collapse after pushing that bike in. He's getting a little old for all that! Pol, Alex and Nakasuga didn't even look tired at any point. Does Pol even sweat?

Olympus Racing and 418 like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Found out during test week earlier in July that Dunlop 17" tires were not good enough for Suzuka. They do all their Suzuka-specific development in 16.5". And apparently the teams wheel supplier did not have enough time to handle an order. Probably made zero sense financially for the team anyway.

418 likes this.
  7. 418

418 Expert #59

Can't believe SERT got that bike back together. Hell, I can't believe it made it back to the pits. That thing was as close to a yard sale as it gets while still being able to throw a leg over something.

Steeltoe likes this.
  8. 418

418 Expert #59

And another wheel problem. SRC breaks the rear wheel 6 hours in. Commentators thought it was a lock up but clearly the rear wheel broke.

Between that, GMT and Kagayama losing the front tire it's some weird failures this year.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

SRC didn't break a wheel; it was the rear axle, like GMT. Same supplier…

418 likes this.
  10. Olympus Racing

Olympus Racing Well-Known Member

They are not good enough?
    Elaborate please

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not sure what to tell you. The team was going nowhere on 17s (really slow) and had to make the emergency switch because the good Dunlop Suzuka rubber was developed in 16.5. I spoke to the team owner an hour ago.

418 and Olympus Racing like this.
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

Damn. Somebody is getting fired.

Thx for the info.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Crumpet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]