1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surcharge for smokers

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by lee955i, Nov 22, 2006.

1. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, I'm aware of that. I don't injure myself every time I do it, and I may never. Makes a big difference after some time passes. Difference between Russian roulette with and without spinning the cylinder between turns.

You can't tell me what's true for smokers unless you think we know everything about it's effects.

2. MrWheeler

I'll vote for fat....it's neck and neck for #1 in my opinion.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Your line of thinking falls right in line with what the insurance companies want. You can't see the forest for the trees.

Get back to me when they want to know what kind of car you drive and demand a copy of your driving record, plus where you live, how many calories you consume a day, number of smoke detectors in your house, how much exposure to the sun you get, what kind of dog you own, how often you drive, and all your relatives ages when they died so they know how to adjust your rates.

4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

So do they follow the same strategy as with cigarettes and sue the fast food joints, raise the taxes on fast food, limit their advertising, or do they just go after the individual?

Guess which one I'm picking, based on our "blameless" society?

5. MrWheeler

That's because my thinking makes sense.

If a customer asks me to do a project that'll be a pain in the ass, the price goes up. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

6. MrWheeler

Who cares? You don't have to eat fast food either.

The most expensive individual...

7. dtalbott

You're arguing just to be arguing.

Using your logic, you don't have to ride motorcycles, either.

8. MrWheeler

Scroll up, smokers should be more expensive to insure. You don't have to purchase health insurance. I don't have a problem with pricing the 'worst' customers out of the market - even if I am one of them.

9. Clem

Clem Changin' My Latitude

LOL, I thought this was a two-stroke thread:)

10. dtalbott

And I agree. I pay more for my health insurance because I told them I smoke. I pay more for life insurance because I told them I race. See the connection?

Once you price your "worst" customers out of the market, what do you do with the customers who were almost as bad?

11. MrWheeler

Cash their checks.

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

:rolleyes:

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Socialized medicine now! Smash the insurance state!

14. dtalbott

That's the best you could come up with?

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

hard to compete with "our government is just like the nazis."

all day, every day.

16. Rodger

Rodger RamJet

thats my vote also !!!

wasn't it President Clinton that said " within 24 hours of taking office , he would have a country wide insurance system in place "
    Rodger:Pop:

17. dtalbott

And I had such confidence in you.....

18. boxer

boxer Well-Known Member

the insurance where i work will not cover injuries that happen in off road or racing enviroments
    "hazardous hobbies"
    whole freaking list