1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superbowl traffic?

Discussion in 'General' started by PMooney Jr., Feb 2, 2019.

1. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Okay, some advice. In Tupelo Mississippi right now heading back to Central Florida. Driving a U-Haul box truck with a trailer. Is Atlanta going to be more crazy than usual tonight? Should I go south when I get to Birmingham down 231 instead? Should be there around seven or eight tonight. Thank you!

2. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

Could take i65 in Bham to mobile and hit 10

3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Traffic is fine,but of course one idiot could change that,but I go by Mercedes benz stadium daily with no problems.
    Construction is the bigger problem on i 285

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Pat, I have no Idea.....I'm avoiding it like the plague, but

I think your run from 20 to 285 south to 75 south should be close to the normal shit. You'd be heading away from all the hubbub. I would NOT go past 285 into downtown I-75 tho.

If you are really worried about it, get off 20 at Thornton Rd....make a right onto Camp Creek Parkway, and follow that until you get down near the airport. Camp creek runs back into 285 but down close to 75 south.....check your Navigation

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Did you go fetch your van?

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Just go 285.... no construction on Sunday...

7. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

no issues at all from what I gather from folks downtown. Lighter than normal because everyone is avoiding it.. MARTA is pretty full though from what I hear (our rapid transit).

8. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

Us280 out of Birmingham follow all the way to i75.

Bypass all the bullshit that is atlantA and cut off some miles.. :) your welcome..

Newyork likes this.