1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Single Bare Bones TZ/XR500R for sale

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by RIB333, Dec 11, 2020.

1. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

I have a Bare Bones Machine(BBM) TZ framed, Honda XR500R engine, Super Singles race bike for sale.

Bike was purchased from the original owner in 2012. It is one of about 15 or so bikes Jay Wright of Bare Bones Machines in Colorado built. Reverse cylinder TZ250 U frame, 83-84 Honda XR500R motor.

The bike was raced by the original owner a few times but I have only used it for track days. The bike is a work of art, with the welds and construction looking like it was made in a factory not some slapped together Frankenbike. I did some upgrades I thought were important, new cables made by Motion Pro, new throttle, new clutch lever, and a street pattern shift setup (GP pattern shifter included). Other things like the tachometer set up I have not gotten around to.

The bike is complete and in excellent condition.
    Bike needs a tachometer. Was going to put a Scitsu tach on but have not gotten around to it. Suspension needs to be refreshed and set up for whoever will race/ride it. I just rode it as it was when I bought it. Carbs are finicky being a dual carb setup on a single. I have a nice, fairly complete set of jets and needles for the bike as well as a full rebuild kit for the carbs. Of course that will go with the bike. Bike will come with the Yamaha race stand.

Bikes has DOT Bridgestones on it with plenty of life left, I have a set of Dunlop Q3’s that will go with the bike.

Tank is a modified Yamaha aluminum TZ tank. The builder did the work. The bike has Marchesini magnesium wheels. The body work was a bit rough when I bought it so I had some repair work done and it is in grey primer now, except the tank which is still painted the original color when I purchased the bike.

I have never dropped the bike and I don't think the original owner did either. The TZ250U frame cam out of Japan so I have no history on it. This is a Bill of Sale transaction.

The bike runs on leaded race gas. I have some Sunoco that can go with the bike, perhaps around 2 to 3 gallons, that i’ve been using to run the bike. I always drain the tank and and carbs after riding and running, and always have as did the original owner.
    Spares include gearing, 2 sets of front brake rotors, electrics, brake pads, levers, the original cables, GP shift pattern shift lever, set of clip on’s, side cover gaskets, clutch springs, long Keihin velocity stacks (short ones on the bike), velocity stack air filters (one set used, one new). Assorted odds and ends, some small stuff like snap rings, seals, plugs, some new, some used. Most of this stuff is in the first picture of parts on the table. This all will go with the bike. I’m sure I missed listing something, I did not take pictures of the tires and only one set of front brake rotors are pictured. I will attach a separate picture of the second set of front brake rotors.

The second picture of parts laid out on the table are rare or unobtainable parts I’ve been sourcing over the years. This group of parts can go with the bike if I get my price. Included in this contingent parts lot are:
    3 new old stock HRC pistons, one 500cc, two 600cc
    New old stock XR500R magnesium case covers 1 stator, 1 clutch
    New old stock wiring harness for the XR500R
    New Yamaha upper and lower steering stem bearings for the TZ250U frame
    A set of used (very good condition) Yamaha factory magnesium foot pegs
    4 pairs of brand new SBS brake pads
    Depending on the negotiated price these items will or will not be included in the sale.

Bike has been started and run on a regular basis but has not been ridden in the last 2 or 3 years. This is due to health issues I have. I now suffer from from severe bone on bone arthritis in my right knee and right shoulder that is starting to limit my range of motion. This bike has become too uncomfortable for me to ride and enjoy.

I am asking $9000 with the extra contingent group of parts, and all the included spares. I am negotiable on the price and package. I would prefer a face to face deal as this is a unique motorcycle and I want everyone involved to understand what they are getting and the buyer to check things out personally. Also I prefer face to face in general. Shipping is possible at buyers expense and if buyer arranges it, after any payment is received and clears. I can crate and pack. Insurance at buyers discretion and expense.

I have many pictures and a few videos of the bike running.

Email is best for me: [email protected]

Phone call or text: 631 258-6173

IMG_2906 copy.jpg IMG_2941 copy.jpg

Attached Files:

2. yamatr3

yamatr3 Well-Known Member

I have a BBM Rotax. I can vouch for Jays work, excellent! Good luck with the sale. Great AHRMA Sound of singles 2 bike too.

3. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Nice, only ever seen pictures of the Rotax ones.
    I believe this bike can also mount the newer 650 motors based on my observations since the cases are basically the same.

Can you let anyone that might be interested from AHRMA know this bike is for sale?

Thanks.

4. yamatr3

yamatr3 Well-Known Member

Sure, I'll link it on facebook.

5. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Cool. I'm not on Facebook. Thanks again.

6. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Looks like I left off the location.

Bike is on Long Island, New York. In Suffolk county.

7. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Bump
    Some interest, still available.

8. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member