1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suomy Questions

Discussion in 'General' started by TheJames, Nov 8, 2009.

1. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

Ok, so I'm thinking about getting a suomy. I've got a long skinny head, and the shoei x eleven with thick cheek pads fits pretty well. I can't wear the new Corsair at all. Just wondering if the extreme or the spec 1r would fit my head, or if they fit the same. I'm pretty sure they have different size interior padding other than cheek pads, and that may solve my problem also. If anyone can shed some light on the suomy fit for me i would greatly appreciate it.:up:

2. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Well-Known Member

Shoei's fit my head well and the Suomy doesn't...i have a long skinny head and the Suomy is too tight front and rear - almost like it would fit better if my head was more round.

YMMV, so try one on....

3. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I would agree, I have a fairly round melon and the Suomy still puts a bad pressure point on my forehead.

4. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

For me Suomy are about half a size smaller than most other brands, and they do wear in quite a bit - a M size Spec1R in Suomy I'm struggling to squeeze in when it's new, but after wearing it for a bit it's still tight but just comfortable once in it. I only have experience with RF-1000 in Shoei which fits Ok, RSR Sharks fit excellent if a little loose in M, and as I said Suomy is a struggle in the beginning but the lightest thing out there and fits great once broken in.

5. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

The Spec1R and Extreme are the same helmet. The Extreme just has more features... Both have a round-oval shape.

The Vandal on the other hand is a long-oval shape so tends to fit more people's melons...

And it's less money..

:up:

6. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

great lids.

Donnie from Suomy, as well as Brian (Lizard1) post in this forum. Do a thread search and send them a PM if you have specific questions.