Sunglasses

Discussion in 'General' started by svracer22, Jun 17, 2018.

1. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

My cheapo sunglasses finally broke and I was looking to replace with something higher quality but didn't know where to start. A quick search here pointed me in the right direction. This place delivers.

2. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I have pairs of both Revos and Maui Jims. Can't go wrong with either, but not for 2 bills...

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This is actually a good time for this thread to get bumped. I've been looking into getting a pair of these blue-light blocking glasses since I spend an inordinate amount of time in front of screens for my job and under un-natural lights. Any of you fellas wear these amber-lensed glasses in the evening hours to help keep that shit out of your eyes. I didn't even realize how disruptive blue light is to your various bodily processes (inhibits melatonin production, increases cortisol etc).

If so, noticed any improvements in sleep quality at night? I feel like mine's been getting worse lately.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FT1BHRY/ref=twister_B07FSVZ2L2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

4. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Windows 10, macOS and iOS all have settings for that. Called night shift or something like that.

BigBird likes this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's a gimmick, it doesn't work.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1477153517748189

Even if it did help, that still does nothing for the light coming from overhead lights, TV etc.

6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Tifosi makes a couple models with bifocal readers built into the lense. I have a couple pairs to be able to read my Garmin when I’m bicycling.

What do you need Mongo? I have a +1.5 and a +2.0 set. I think I may have degraded past the 1.5s. So those might be available to a good home.

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Honda East sells Oakley at a nice price. Anyone can ping, email, call Jaci over there. Mention the WERA board, myself, etc. FYI.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Increase in blue light has also been linked to macular degeneration, which that article does not speak to.

I night shift everything, phone, computer, etc. once you get used to it, and you ever try to go back all you see is blue in the "white".

nd4spd likes this.
  9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Montoya and BigBird like this.
  10. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

My friend is the CEO of Von Zipper. They make great sunglasses and moto/snow goggles. Give them a look.

11. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

im wearing goodr sunglasses now. can't beat $25 and the lenses are just as good as all >$100 sunglasses I've had previously.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

13. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I dont know about quality of sleep, but I do find my eyes less tired and less irritated since I began using blue blocking glasses at work.

14. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

I do this too on everything. brightness always near the bottom with "night light" on.
    also i use black backgrounds on things that have the option. (google, youtube)
    invert colors was the old skool way to do this

BigBird likes this.
  15. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Pit Vipers are the official shades of the NHMS safety crew!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

Unless you are seeking a throwback '60s experience, don't buy polarized to wear under a helmet shield.