1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sumo moto warmers?

Discussion in 'General' started by RickJohnson#29, Feb 11, 2009.

1. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

Have any of you used these? Any good?
    I looking at the digital ones.

2. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

do a search

:D

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

What's with T2 being all out of stock? I was going to recommend them to a friend for the 125 warmers, but the site shows them all out.

4. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Boat from China broke down

:D

BTW Clay did you change your phone number?

5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Cell phone, yes. Barely use it, so went to a pay per plan.

6. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

ahh ok, I sent a couple texts this weekend asking and commenting about Caleb. What are your plans for VIR, getting a hotel or camping?

7. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Whatever you do, don't buy anything from Sumomoto-USA.

They only provide a two week warranty on their warmers, and offer no support whatsoever in getting the manufacturer to cover their supposed "one-year" (non-existent) warranty.

Well, maybe they do - I'm not sure. Last I heard from the "owner" Brad he was waiting to hear from the manufacturer.

Of course, that was last October....

:down:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  8. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

SumoMoto= garbage
    an unnamed warmer identical to SumoMoto with a different "brand" on it, i saw 3 of their warmers smoke this weekend at Tally, so take that for what its worth. Even if the "brand" has good customer service, if they burn a hole in your $400/set of tires, then "cheap" warmers arent all that cheap, huh? :)

9. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

Chicken Hawk. that is all.

10. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

why is it unnamed?

11. ToddClark

cus god forbid around here you mention names. :rolleyes:

12. RayH

RayH Air Cavalry!

OK, I bought a set during a group buy. had a failure with the control box and rear warmer. I will be sending the set to Brad for repair. in the mean time, i went ahead and bought a second set. Maybe I am a glutton, but time will tell. So far Brad is doing ok by me, I will let you all know what happens. When they worked, they worked well enough for me. Still in my first year of using warmers i dont have anything at all to gauge their performance other than, I plug them in, they heat up my tires.
    Mfr Warranty? As mentioned above; if not for Brad, I would be left out to dry, and frankly would be cruising the classifieds for a set of Chicken Hawks.

Stand by to Stand by

13. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

I had a pair of SUMONOWORKO go bad on me. Stay away.

14. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Are you being charged for this repair?

15. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Get Woodcraft and be done.

16. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Chi-Coms tried to kill my dad and his friends (NOT political, just historical) and their stuff doesn't work so well, but Wal-Mart rocks!

17. Gigantic

let me get this straight, you had a set that died after less than a year, so you went out and bought another set?!?!?! wtf? :crackhead:
    the previous set of chicken hawks I had were 10 years old when they were retired. 10 years old- they broke finally and rather than repair them, I replaced them.

18. ToddClark

let the newbs learn the hard way.

19. Gigantic

I suppose you're right. I guess that stupid should not only hurt, it should be expensive, too.

20. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

my old tyr sox finally gave up last october. had them since 1998. got a set of T2 from thunder doctor ( :) ). no issues.
    but too many post and threads on the cheaper brands failing, bad to no customer support, but silly peeps still by the stuff. i guess it they're doing their part for the economy.