1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Question....

Discussion in 'General' started by ZebProctor, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

On top of that, the 24 Hours at the Sledges? Yes it happened.. although there was a rebuild and a no-race period due to lack of riders... still it ran for more than half the race. And it was a Yamaha, either an R5 or an RD350. I'm talking 1992 or 93, also, not back in the 70's.

2. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

For all you kids racing this weekend, good luck and be safe!

I would be there to cheer you on, but I'm in Nashville.

3. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Roach and I will be there Sunday spectating. :)

4. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

no racing for roach on sunday?? Geez laura, not even married yet and you're tightening the noose on ole boy already :D

5. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

HEY NOW! :D Roach knows he can race if he wants to! There ain't no noose tightening anywhere. I want to be on the track as much as he does...well, almost as much. ;)

I'm just looking forward to some beers and watching some good racing. It's been a while since we've just gone to spectate and enjoy the fun!

6. ZebProctor

there'll be plenty of room and shade in my pit if yall would like to stop by. I'll make sure and throw in a couple extra chairs in case someone decides to join me in the partakeing of the woodchuck....

7. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Actually I think that might have been Frank Dinardo and Dan ???someone or other on an RZ500. I recall that they used to endurance race an RZ500 with WERA back in the late 80s

8. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Where are you going to be pitted? We'll look for you...what's your bike number again?

9. ZebProctor

24x8 white haulmark, no stickers yet... #330 nv. silver gsxr

10. EmerWill

EmerWill Well-Known Member

MARRC is always looking for new corner workers...especially racers that want to 'give a little back'...

Anyone interested in working one of the days or both please stop by the MARRC info booth or the cafe and ask for me..

Will:D :D

11. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

No, no, that's why you get CO2 extinguishers and not the dry chemical ones.

The drill is: pull pin, aim at rider coming off bike, shoot him in the ass. His ass will be numb for an hour or two and he'll get to scrape frost off of his leathers.

Or you can make really cool disco fog for that late night paddock party. :)

And yes, the motorcycle shop I worked at in high school did have a CO2 extinguisher. Excellent for practical jokes. :)

12. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

I agree with that. Typically now that I'm not racing as much, I usually do scoring and registration. This weekend I decided to just relax for a day and enjoy racing. I would love, however, to cornerwork sometime and will take you up on that offer.

13. ZebProctor

I put in my two years with WERA.... i loved it, I still have cornerworker instincts in me... the other weekend at CMP I came around turn 13 and there was a bike in the middle of the track and the guy was laying in the track, there was only one corner worker there and she was on the radio and holding the yellow flag... my first instinct was to pull off the track, throw my bike down and help this guy out because for some reason they weren't red-flagging it (once i got around 14, they brought the red flag out..... but i figured i would have gotten chewed out by someone for stopping on the side of the track, and just dropping my bike there......

14. EmerWill

EmerWill Well-Known Member

hmm you're probably right...we usually give the rider school 'kids' hell for stopping on track...

who knows why they didn't stop the session right-then-and-there.

I have actually gotten my red flag out at the same time I was calling control to stop the session. I thought that extra couple seconds would make a difference and I knew that our control wouldn't have questioned us on why we wanted to stop the session (although race officials sometimes get a little buggy at stopping the session)

15. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

It was a clutch basket, that could have happened on a diesel too.:p

I'll be running the endurance, but I have to leave before the race is over to drive back for a gig in Greensboro saturday night.

16. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

A friend of mine endurance raced a Yamaha two stroke street bike back in the 70's. I will ask him about the different length races back then.

Please realize that back then, the RD350 was the R6 of its era. One difference being that the TZ's on the track were also production bikes ... not street bikes modified for racing. Though street RD's were raced in their own classes.

17. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Hey Zeb- Seriously, an ape250 should have no problems running 6 hrs. Not a fun bike to be on when Batey goes by w/ 50 more mph and sucks the paint off though. Then you get some corner parking putz on (it doesn't matter what he/she's on, EVERYTHING is faster than an ape 250) who keeps you from putting in good laps for 20 or 30 laps....... I love 2-strokes, but that doesn't really strike me as a fun time. Run a diesel. Now, if it was a tz......:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: