1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Point - May 27th with Roger Lyle's MotorcycleXcitement

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by KneeScraper, May 19, 2010.

1. KneeScraper

KneeScraper I'm a new Dad!!!

The weather looks great! I can't wait to get back to Summit and that new pavement!!

Come out and ride with MotorcycleXcitement

www.motorcyclexcitement.com

:up:

2. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

I will be there, will be my first time at Summit and first time with Roger Lyle definitely looking forward to it.

3. TROX

TROX I'm Rider D.

I'll be there to check it out. Not bringing a bike, but I'm still excited!

4. Alleghenymike

Alleghenymike Allegheny Mike #56

Roger Lyle's group is a lot of fun...good folk....I switched over from another Track Day company that was pretty lax about safety. I feel a lot safer with Roger Lyle's group. He is a pretty decent Joe too.

5. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

See you guys there! Looks like we have a half dozen guys signed up for the Racing School, as well as a some spots left left in all the groups. Being a Thursday event, I expect that we will all get lots of track time.

Get yer motors running!

6. KneeScraper

KneeScraper I'm a new Dad!!!

I'm pretty excited!!

Summit Point is awesome with that new pavement!! :up:

:D

7. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

I'm headed the way of summit point right now. I'll be by myself so hopefully everything will be good to go. I may be asking for some help once in awhile. :)

8. Dave_SV

Had a great time out there thanks for putting on a good show Roger :beer:

9. oldmonk

Good day.....but.

I had a good day even though it was very hot and sitting around in leathers waiting on the crash truck was making it hotter. So just wondering why you might think so many people went down? Was it the heat? That was a fair amount of crashes, was it not? Though I will add that I met some great people and made some new friends, which made the day that much better. :up:

10. Pure Sportbikes

Pure Sportbikes www.puresportbikes.com

Seriously, that was the most crashes I have seen in 6 track days this year. I was only able to run one full session and four laps before lunch. After lunch everyone seemed to calm down a bit though. Maybe with so many people there, everyone was trying to show off. It's not a race day you know?

11. TROX

TROX I'm Rider D.

After the first 3 crashes, they cleaned up turn 5 and it seemed to make everything a lot better. There was only one other crash that I'm aware of, and the dude just locked up his front brake (turn 5 again, go figure)... and it really didn't look like oil or anything, he just got squirlly and locked up the front for a low side.

12. bipper22

bipper22 Well-Known Member

summit track day

I had a great time, got lots of track time. roger runs a great track day. keep it up...

13. oldmonk

I'm afraid you're quite a few off on your count. I'm pretty sure I saw more than that in my group alone. I'm not making a big deal about people crashing or anything to do with the event, I was just wondering if anyone who is more knowing than me might have a thought on a reason. A friend of mine wondered if the heat would have caused any problems. I don't think so, I felt as if the traction was good for me, just curious that's all. I hope know one was injured during the day, I'm pretty sure all the one I saw were up and looking okay, which is good!

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  14. RubberChicken

Early on, people were not reading the traction well. I got the feeling that the heat made some people a little stupid later in the day. There were a few spills, there always will be at track days. Guys get rambunctious and bite off more than they can chew.

Our coaches got a real workout. Riders were asking for one-on-one help all day long.

The ambulance crew got more activity from heat-related exhaustion than from on-track spills. They were watching a number of people carefully for heat stroke. We were concerned for them.

Overall, the day went great. Really fun group to be around. It was nice to get to put some bbs names to real faces, too. I wish I had gotten to meet Dave_SV.

15. Dave_SV

Sorry Tom the heat was really killing me, I didn't have any energy to wander around the pits. I was riding in the advanced group, black Rev'It leathers on a rattle can black kawasaki with a blue tank. I will be heading out for my first WERA race on 6/12 and 6/13, if you are there will definitely find you in the pits.

16. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Dave, that's excellent you're starting racing.

Stop on by the Blue/White Weekend Warrior toyhauler with the 912 bike outside one evening :beer:

17. RubberChicken

That's SuburbanRancher's standard come-on line. Next he'll say "You look good, do you work out?" then it will be "Have you ever seen a grow man naked?" Later he will want to spoon on the top bunk.

Bring a donut. Throw it at his feet. Stand back.

p.s. I'll be pitted by SR, look for blue/gray GSXR1000, #311 EX plates. I refuse to spoon with him, so you can have that to yourselves. :)

18. Stangdriver8

Stangdriver8 New Member

It was a hot few days. I took the racing school and am looking forward to racing my first race on the 13th also. Thanks to Rogers crew for being so patient with us and giving us that one on one attention I so despirately need! Is the WERA or the CCA the best place for a first year person. Also does anyone know is it too late in the season to start racing?

19. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

HEY! That's a bunch of.....

....wait, what is that? A Donut? Nom Nom Nom

All kidding aside, WERA's fine for a beginner. How do you think many of us got started? :)

There's no 'perfect' time to start racing. Just do it - the sooner you start, the sooner you gain experience. Come on out to Summit next weekend and have some fun with that sparkly new license of yours :up:

20. Roger Lyle

Roger Lyle Well-Known Member

Here is a neat interview and story that West Virginia Public Radio did on Motorcycle Xcitement Track Days and Road Racing School on
    May 27 at Summit Point Raceway in wild and wonderful West Virginia.

http://www.wvpubcast.org/newsarticle.aspx?id=15141