1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Point - June 2 & 3, 2012

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by bergs, Jun 5, 2012.

1. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Not much to report other than I had a great experience at my first WERA event!

Did the MW Solo on Saturday and was setting up to take 5th on lap 12 when the race was red flagged. Instead I placed 6th but was pleased with that result having never been to this track.

The weekend was cut short on Sunday when I lost a water pump seal during practice which emptied the cooling system onto my rear tire and resulted in me low siding in T1. I was/ am still so unbelievably disappointed that it happened but more thankful that it was not during a race where there very likely would have been other competitors involved.

Thank you to TakeItApart (Clint), jiggy, Suburbanrancher, Tim Wilson and Tom Lantry for making this WERA noob feel more than welcome this past weekend. Also thank you for the advice and taking the time to help me get sorted out with procedures as well as other small things over the course of the weekend.

Thank you to Tom Hugley (sp?) and the rest of the WERA staff for their patience and understanding in answering all of my questions.

Finally, a heart-felt thank you to all the MARRC corner workers for dodging traffic all weekend and for the ride back to my pit after my crash. You guys are amazing.

In closing, regardless of the fact that, being in NH, simply getting to many of the tracks are going to be a huge commitment on my part, I am very pleased that I made the switch to WERA this year and while I feel I have plenty of unfinished business at Summit Point, it's time to put the bike back together and prepare for VIR.

Thanks again, all!

:up:

2. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Who's this f'in Hugley guy? (Inside joke)

Glad you made it out, and had a good time. Sorry you had bike trouble.
    See you down at VIR. It's a really fun track, with great facilities.

3. chuckmav

chuckmav Active Member

nice job.sorry about the red flag

4. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Sorry I hacked your last name a bit but I fear I hacked my bike even worse. Sadly, I won't be making it to VIR. I've been there for a few trackdays but never in competition.
    An easy lowside somehow twisted up my forks, yanked the steering stabilizer from the triple, broke the fender....all that and I haven't even taken the bike apart yet.

:(

Guess I'll be there in spirit.

chuckmav - Were you the rider I was battling with right up to the red flag? Number 37, IIRC?

5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

"Hugley Suspension"
    I can see the stickers now:D

Ride safe,
    AAron

6. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

"Tuning riders to a standstill since 1995" :D

7. chuckmav

chuckmav Active Member

Yes that was me. Im trying to get the bike back together for V.I.R. ... I just got my new (used) front rim in and its bent. other than that I have everything else back together.

8. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Hey Bergs glad to see you posting.

It was a pleasure to meet you.

Hope you get back on track soon.

Tim.