1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suit Question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by scoob4fun, Nov 20, 2010.

1. scoob4fun

scoob4fun Well-Known Member

2. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

Get one that fits well.

3. scoob4fun

Great advice if one had access to both suits to try on. BUT....since that is not an option that is why I posted the question.

4. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

I meant it. Don't buy a suit because the price is right, the gear is great, the leather is 1.4mm or any other reason. If it does not FIT you threw away ALL your money. It's worthless. And in a crash a loose suit is almost as bad as none.

5. eboos

eboos Slowski

When you buy a Pilot suit, you get sent one to check the fit before committing to having your suit made, even with the rack size suits.

6. scoob4fun

OK, I get the suit fit is the most important. I wouldnt keep a suit that didnt fit well. Aside from that can anyone who actually has either of these suits comment on what I asked?

7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Call or email STG, they are on this forum as well. They are going to need your measurments. None of us know how big you are, and even if someone had worn those suits, its very likely that they have different body shapes than you do. If you can afford the extra 300 bucks for the full custom Pilot, a made to measure suit is almost always worth it.

8. AFMer118

AFMer118 New Member

If its any help, I managed a ridiculous (4) number of low sides on track days that ran in the rain at Infineon this past spring and my off the shelf Alpinestar (3 years old and discontinued) held up great (even after two more dry weather highsides learning how to manage my GSXR1000 on acceleration vs. lean angle after apexing). No skin, soft tissue or bone injury. Great suit and I bought another Alpinestar. I'll keep the first for super moto or as a back up. Stitches are still holding. FYI - my A-star boot probably kept me from breaking my ankle when I was hit by another rider. I have no intention of using another manufacturer for the forseeable future.

9. gluvnaa

gluvnaa Well-Known Member

I recently bought a suit and was looking at the Tech1R. It looks like a really sweet suit but ended up getting a Komodo KFX.