1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stuck at home today...

Discussion in 'General' started by tony715, Feb 8, 2007.

1. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

i am playing mr. mom today. daughter is taking a nap so i thought it may be a good time to discuss some racing stuff.

anybody in???

maybe we could get to the bottom of the rotor debate in superstock.
    or discuss that honda comes up with a contingency, or that to have a chance at the money you have to have a 2006 or 2007 bike.

yamaha is paying back to tenth!:bow:

or whatever comes to mind.

2. Heavy-Dee

Heavy-Dee Well-Known Member

So let's say you are on an older bike and you win a race. Where does the money go that you earned, but can't collect?

HD

3. davetlr

davetlr Well-Known Member

Tony,
    I'm with you on the rotor subject. By the way, did you get your white plates???

4. tony715

good question. i guess it would not be paid out. that's crap!:mad:

5. tony715

i don't know how vesrah can be accepted as stock if they are not stock. if the bike came with vesrah rotors then it would be legal. honestly, at this point i could care less what rotors are on the bikes.:moon: i really liked the wave rotors, but i rode a suzuki with stock rotors and SRJL pads and they were great. i also read about the x-pad that is a little thicker. that would make up for the stock rotors being a bit thinner than my wave rotors.

yes.. got my white plates. actually ordered the vinyl yesterday. if i could get on the track this weekend i woulos ride without rotors (3 degrees in pittsburgh without the windchill):up:

6. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

Tony its, TLR andy (yellow sasquatch)... I guess mason work with a high of 20 isnt a good idea today, huh?

Youre so super duper fast that honda cant aford to pay you cuz u win so much... I suggest u move to a strategy involving more gas and less brakes.

7. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

They should reinvest it into R&D to figure out how to make their newer bikes faster. :D

8. tony715

andy: no not a good idea. next week will be good! more gas and less brakes (huh!) never thought of that, i'll try it and see what happens. although i tried that at the beaver wera event from the start to turn one and kept going straight. i gues to put out all that mad cash honda needs to make sure everyone keeps buying new bikes. if i could afford 10,000 every two years i wouldn't have to worry about winning shit!:up:

spicoli: come on man! my honda keeps up just fine. the new bike makes more torque than any of the others. and as always will have a smooth power delivery. can't ask for much more than that

9. Smokes35

You definately can ask for more than that... stock brembo's would be nice, or a tripple clicker rear, theres plenty to ask for... just not a whole lot u'll get!

10. tony715

only problem is the bike would be 15K stock instead of 10K. i think you should be able to order a bike like you do a car. i would order it without a rear shock. no clip ons, no plastic, no tires, no exhaust,no chain or sprockets. i think you get the picture.

now if the bike was 10K with all the good stuff that would be different.:)

just buy a ducati and get it over with!

11. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

I was only kidding (hence the smiley), I agree holding out the contingency for older bikes does kinda suck. I can understand their reasoning though. Uh, if you can win and get $$ on their older bikes, where's the incentive to upgrade?!? :D

12. Smokes35

so basically ud order a motor and a frame... u might want to concider shopping at Cycle Recyclers or Norms Cycles from now on, pick up a late model squid machine with all the parts u dont want already broken off.

13. Heavy-Dee

Heavy-Dee Well-Known Member

Is anyone else a little shocked at the price of a new 600? I mean the new cbr is like 9700 bucks!

14. Smokes35

Its a honda, which means we all know its not worth the price of the paint on the plastics...

viva suzuki. :Poke:

15. tony715

Let's put things into perspective. first, i am riding a 600rr in B,C superstock,c superbike, and the solo's. this is my first year as am expert so i don't have any delusions of winning a race. so for me my 05 is paid off and it runs great. until it is unrideable that will be my bike.

16. tony715

the problem is that late model doesn't work with the contingency program. must be 2006 or 2007.

my buddy dom bought his at norms'. the thing runs great and had a bunch of cosmetic damage.

17. tony715

you have to be joking!:Puke:

18. Smokes35

Come on, you gott have faith man, u know in the first two weeks of motorcycle season, theres gonna be ATLEAST a half dozen crashed new 600rrs... have a little faith! survival of the fittest, and some, not so fit!

19. tony715

i just saw that you are from pittsburgh also.

how about last summer when those guys crashed and fell over the bridge. that was crazy!!

i wouldn't buy one that was to beat up, but we will see. if i could get an 07 600rr with cosmetic damage at a good price, i'd grab it. with the price of the new 600's i don't know how soon we will see them around. but your right, you never know. keep an eye out:) they are supposed to be hitting dealers in the next few weeks.

20. Smokes35

Yea, that was pretty insane... cept ive ridden/driven that road a bazillion times... u have to be a complete jackass to do what they've done, but it seems like theres one that plunges down to rt28 ever year...

speaking of jackasses....
    of course im from pittsburgh... It me...

[​IMG]