1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stomp Grip Adhesive, what to use???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by mtmansl, Jan 29, 2011.

1. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

I just cleaned up a pair of Stomp Grip pads from an old bike and want to put them on a new bike. Any advice on what adhesive to use??

Matthew

2. Smalls

Smalls 2012 Blue...

3m spray adhesive works well...

3. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

^ +1 make sure it gets tacky first don't just slap it on after you spray it.

4. Sicilian32

Sicilian32 Well-Known Member

how did you clean them up?

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Rubbing alcohol

6. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

Tried to use brake parts cleaner then Goo Gone but found that really hot water, diswashing soap and a brush worked really well.

Matthew

7. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I threw mine out and bought new ones.

8. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I did the same thing. I reglued one side on a different bike I had and did a trackday at Barber. I leaned off the bike coming onto the front straight and felt something hitting the inside of my leg. I looked down and the Stomp Grip had peeled half off. I ripped it off and threw it over around the corner worker station at turn 1 to keep it off the track. I havent used any since then.

9. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

yup. everyone ive ever known that tried to re-use them, eventually had them come off, then bitched about it.

Theyre cheap, just buy a new set.

10. Sicilian32

Sicilian32 Well-Known Member

they are but the price went up at least from what it used to be, its a total rip off really but so are most small add on parts for bikes

11. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Then make your own. I don't think they are that much. I have only had to replace once and that was from a crash that I had to replace the tank. There are other options.