1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starter race bike for my daughter?

Discussion in 'General' started by royalgixxer, Apr 17, 2010.

1. royalgixxer

royalgixxer The Bodywork Guy

My lil girl is wanting to get into racing. She is uber competitive in everything she does. What I am trying to figure out is what bike to start her out with. It will be a while before she hits the track for the first time cause she has a lot to learn before then, but when she is ready it will be many many track days first. She is 8 years old.

Any advice would be appreciated.:beer:

2. tamer

tamer Track Junkie

3. royalgixxer

LOL, I think thats a bit small for her and what she wants to do. She knows how to ride a bike but has been on dirt. Would an NSR50R be a good one to get? I would want it to be able to do WERA events for when she's ready. She is taller than an average 8 year old.

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Metrakit

5. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Get her a Gixxer 1k.

The power-to-weight ratio will be FANTASTIC!!!!

:D

6. 969

969 Well-Known Member

dirt bike converted, so she go flat track racing also.

7. gixrdeb

gixrdeb Doesn't like to play nice

We got our 9 yr old little man on a pocket bike this last year. They're great starter bikes since they're not too big or too powerful and they're very forgiving for them to learn on even if it's only for a few months or year. Even though she's been on a dirt bike, it's gonna be a bit different for her going to a road course. I would start small, let her get comfortable with the new style of riding before you move her up to a bigger bike. Also, with the pocket bikes she can do YRR sanctioned races www.youthroadracing.com I strongly recommend them! They focus on safety, building a good solid riding foundation and have much higher standards for safety equipment than any other pocket bike organizations I've seen.

You can always go up to a mid size pocket bike (I think they're 100cc's). Physically they're bigger than the original pocket bikes but a tad smaller than the 125's and have just as much power.

This is our little man on the bike for the first time... hope this gives you an idea on how she'd fit on the bike :beer:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  8. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

I just bought my 7 year old a CRF70. It is a little big for him but figure he'll grow into it. I'm not sure who had more fun this morning...me or him...I was sitting on the back teaching him throttle control...give it a little gas...little less...little more...brake brake brake! :)

9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

You're still in SEMRA territory, even with a little bit of driving. Check out www.semra.org . A KX65 or even one of the pre-built cobra 65s would be right up her alley! My son started on a KTM65 at 8. Check out the mini section on supermotojunkie.com as well.

10. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I have this for sale. Has about 2 hours of ride time on it and is completely original/stock (except paint/decals). It has been stored inside my house or the shop it's whole life.

Honda NSR50
    [​IMG]

11. royalgixxer

Location, Price?

12. TrackStar

$1800 Utah will ship.

13. gixrdeb

Dammit Kelly!!! NOW you say you have something...:mad:

14. TrackStar

Deb I had that on sale on GFN!

15. gixrdeb

Arghhh! I never saw it :( I'm still trying to get out there in May for WSBK.. if you still have it maybe I can bring Michael back a little somethin ;)

16. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

17. jasong

jasong Well-Known Member

YSR50/80 ..?? not too expensive either

[​IMG]