1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starter, alternator, or battery

Discussion in 'General' started by tiggen, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You can clean the plates with a solution of water and baking soda.

2. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Ya, just rebuild it like this guy does:rolleyes:

3. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Not sure I have enough dirt floor for that:whoosh:

YamahaRick likes this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

It's a money saver if your labor is worth zero I guess.

long path/road and YamahaRick like this.
  5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

When you can't afford a work table or a work stool or even a floor the economics change.

long path/road likes this.
  6. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Third world countries tend to be a lot more resourceful.

long path/road likes this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'm so glad I live in the USA....

8. Cooter!

That video is from Texas.

o_O

9. long path/road

long path/road let's think about this!..??

why you think that is,, I have an answer most here do what's your thoughts?

10. long path/road

long path/road let's think about this!..??

o_O[/QUOTE]
    nope.... no longer have caps add water recharge and use accordingly....spend money can't charge, throw away spend more money...beautiful system... not to mention what land fill they end up in.. to recycle of course.. environment friendly...on board 2 thumbs up.. not sure? but thinkings some sort of hazard..not intelligent I am financially blows my mind .. somehow I have a ram 17 225,000 on it and runs drives great.. but yeah batteries gone through 3 we're all heading in right direction, just patience needed..

11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

+ 1 except max parasitic drain is 50 milliamps.

12. Cooter!

You're right, and things that are very modern (or very old) could hit that mark.

My quoted figures aren't for a year, brand, model, boat, airplane whatever... it's a calculation of typical battery capacity/resting times/starter draw where a reasonable human can expect a thing to sit for awhile and still be able to start itself.

Unless it's a specific issue, or requires a specific number (like aircraft), then 3/10ths of one amp is the approximate cut-off where I see the difference of complaints or no complaints. Shoot for less if you want, it's better.

Triple X likes this.
  13. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

There are probably a few reasons. Resources, cost, culture are a few. I grew up in one of these types of countries. We joked that there were no junk yards. Now I'm not saying the stuff driving down the road was safe or reliable, but for someone it was better than a donkey or a bicycle.

14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

As an interesting note; when living in the Native villages in Alaska, all of the old snow mobiles, cars, 4 wheelers, etc end up in a common area that is free for anybody to pick through if they needed parts.