sport type doc for shoulder and arm?

Discussion in 'General' started by flygirl, Jan 12, 2018.

1. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

It looks like one and I’m laughing so thanks.

2. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

I second getting clarification from your PT. Specifically, how much you’re allowed to move that arm. You may be able to manipulate it using the other arm, or using your fingers on a wall to walk your arm up in front of you, so you’re maintaining some range of motion without using your shoulder muscles. If your shoulder “freezes”, and they do, it will suck...

3. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Thought I’d throw a little update here. My surgeon just saw me the other day and the first words out of his mouth were ...”I’m just astounded! You have done in literally 3 weeks what my patients take 6 months to do!” I was extremely happy when I heard him say that. I have great range of motion and I’m just working on the strength now so if I continue to heal at the rate I have been I will be back to normal way quicker than they expected with their 6 to 9 month minimum. I can feel it finally that my normal is coming back. So grateful and I can’t wait to get back to my life! I’ve had a great physical therapist that really works closely with me and the surgeons obviously did an amazing job on my repair or I wouldn’t be doing so well. This Mack daddy ice machine I’m sure played a part in the proper healing as well

Triple X and DaveB like this.
  4. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member