1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sponsor-Seeking Racers, listen-up!

Discussion in 'General' started by Toy Store, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Some people would bitch that they were hung with a frayed rope.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I would just like to point out that you could bitch about the fact they plan to hang you with a frayed rope. If you have been hung with one you have missed your window of opportunity to bitch about it.

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

.. so is the moral of this specific scenario to NOT bitch about the fact your going to be hung with a frayed rope??

4. Dits

If the rope was frayed it would break, then the bitching would commence.

(You know, if the rope breaks it's chalked up to providence and you get to walk.)

5. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

I think its kudos to any independant store that offers any type of sponsorship. They only have so much discount before it starts to come out of their pocket and if they are a small shop, they can't do that too often.

IMO, Sponsorship is a business relationship. They trade goods for you to advertise for them. I think what may have happened here is that there wasn't enough discussion upfront and both parties may have had the wrong impression of the deal. TS thought they would give him a nice suit and that was the end of it. The team thought otherwise. Just a mixup of expectations it seems.

They should have gone straight to the suit manufacturer instead. We have had a very close relationship with Arlen Ness for 2 years now and will continue that relationship into 2011. No problem to get replacements if we need them but even after we trashed up one suit, we had Alexa repair it instead of asking for a replacement.

6. Venom51

...more like try to keep your neck out of the noose.

7. Venom51

If it was frayed enough to break someone should be fired. :D

8. Dits

Some people around here willingly put it right in there.

I like the lighthouse thread. :up:

9. HEROICRacing

HEROICRacing Well-Known Member

Patrick, I understand your frustration, but this leads to better preparation for race programs. Contracts are important so that both sides know expectations and where each other stands. I have A LOT of riders in AMA that have really paid off with credibility in our new suits and also the immediate development of new features and products that I IMMEDIATELY put into production. HEROIC currently has 19 riders in AMA and we do not give suits away unless contracted and agreed upon. Each of the riders wearing my suits are approachable, personable, supurb atheletes and it may sound cliche, but I see each of my riders as HEROIC in my programs. From DiSalvo on down, my riders are a necessity to develop. Eric Penson has sold more suits than any other rider this year. You can't help but like this guy. Santiago Villa, the most vibrant racer in the paddock. Same for Skip Salenius. He is the most passionate racer in the paddock. I could go on and on, but reach out and smash this with Huntley. He's a great guy. I just couldn't come to a deal with them at the beginning of the year. If I hook you up with the blond when you wanted the brunette, you'll be thinking about the brunette when loving the blond. Same with Huntley, he really wanted AStars... I respected that and respect his friendship. Call him up.. The paddock is small and you both are great guys that I have known for sev years.. We should be able to solve this off line...

Hey, stock HEROIC and benefit from HERO's development...

Todd Owner HEROIC Racing

10. Dits

For Chrissake!!! It wasn't even him. Can't you knobs get the point!

Huntley has done a great.... no, beyond great, job at promoting his sponsors. Period. He's probably the brightest of the "young gun" stars out there. The original converastion alluded to in the first post wasn't with Huntley... challenge me if I'm wrong. Nobody has yet (insert crickets chirping sound effect here.)

The fact that Huntley keeps coming up in this thread from folks that don't know what they're talking about is complete bullshit. Leave the kid alone.

This is starting to aggravate me. :down:

11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

huntley sucks:D

sup dits:p

12. Dits

Shut it!

Sup Sanee. :D

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Agreed. My initial opinion came from hearing one side of the story. Would be good to get it ironed out, as it sounds like he's a good guy for the most part, based on some feedback here.

14. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

+1. Todd does a great job supporting racers and track day riders trackside. He also goes above and beyond to give his riders all the exposure he can. Which, in turn, gains him more exposure. It's always good to see him at the track doing his thing.

And thanks for the props, Drew. See you this weekend at Summit.

15. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

Another great example. Mike does such a good job and always goes above and beyond. I am not sponsored by anyone, so I only have 2 stickers on my bike... MetricDevilMoto is one of them.

16. Toy Store

Toy Store Well-Known Member

Good god, thank you! At lease someone is paying attention here!

17. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

This is absolutely true with Roger....in fact, one time he gave me $100 to tell people I went to the California Superbike School instead of telling them he coached me.

Good people right thar.....