1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spinoff: Street Triple 08 vs 14

Discussion in 'General' started by baconologist, Aug 9, 2023.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

i remember something about the Daytona getting chassis changes between the early and late gens. What changed on the Streetie other than the headlights and exhaust?

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

They’re all good, however the later models are a lot better.

try to find a 765 if the budget allows.

3. baconologist

I’ve had a 14 and a 19 so far (as well as a Tiger and Daytona). I actually like the 675 better. It felt like it rev’s quicker and I don’t have the skills to use all of it, let alone the 765.
    I’m looking at an 08 now.

4. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

2008-2011 was closer to the Daytona from a chassis standpoint as it used the same swingarm as the Daytona. 2013-2016 Street Triples got a longer swingarm. Engine wise they were pretty similar from 2008-2016. I believe the R models got slightly bigger front rotors in 2013.

I had a 2014 Street Triple R and swapped the swingarm for a 2013+ Daytona swingarm and it helped sharpen the steering. I absolutely loved that bike and got rid of it with 24k miles.

I would recommend buying the R model over a standard one as well (better suspension and brakes).

baconologist likes this.
  5. baconologist

@Robby-Bobby
    Are the forks on the 765R-LRH different from standard?