SPEEDtv "Superbikes"

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Ogre66

Ogre66 Well-Known Member

2. gawarrior

gawarrior Well-Known Member

as unfortunate as it is that is probably the demographic they may be going after....if 90% of the riders in your area are that way then that is a much larger audience to do a show for than just racers...etc. I don't agree with it at all but unfortunately that is probably their reasoning behind the show going in that direction.

I know one thing...I was pretty upset that there is not now anything that I know of with race highlights:mad:

3. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

I caught the last segment, the Rat bike deal. Chalk line is right, do it now.

I'm going to read a good book today. Try and get back those IQ points I lost.

4. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

worst crap EVER!!!

5. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

THAT WAS THE STUPIDIST FUCKING SHOW I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE! i can't believe i wasted a few minutes of my life on that completly idiotic show. speed channel should burn for this. any takers?...............

6. B. Myers

B. Myers Well-Known Member

added my comments too....thanks for the link...

7. Drew 913

Drew 913 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the AMA will get involved. Although a lot of the chopper stuff is silly, its mostly benign. As stated earlier, this stuff is potentially dangerous.

8. wolf44

wolf44 Well-Known Member

sent in my feedback, like it will do any good

9. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

It was with great dismay I witnessed your singlehandedly moving respectable motorcycling back 40 years.With your new show "Superbikes".The riding of motorcycles in such a reckless and luring way will see the increase of copycat riders injuring themselves and others on the streets. Any veiled attempt you made to say dont try this at home was completely thrown out the window when these riders are on public streets!--Even NASCAR which your network has embraced with open arms penalizes its drivers for unsafe and reckless driving! As someone that makes his living in the motorcycle industry I will do everything in my power to try and persuade people to not watch this show. I guess the old saying is true--"Just when you thought you have seen the most outlandish thing possible something will come along and top it." If the producers are indeed motorcyclists--shame on them.

10. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

:clap: :clap: :clap:

11. dragon129

dragon129 Well-Known Member

I was on there leaving my feedback after 5 minutes....Thanks a lot Speed for adding fuel to the fire on the reputation of motorcycling as a whole..What crap that show is...

12. laohu69

laohu69 Well-Known Member

Good thing I'm an old adult male motorcyclist, I don't have to watch it. :up:

13. MrOgle

MrOgle I love college!

Here is my feedback:

I caught the first episode of "Superbikes" last night and I think I threw up a little in my mouth. This show paints the worst possible picture of streetriders, basically reinforcing the stereotype the general public has of motorcyclists. A good portion of an online bike community I belong to has echoed this sentiment of abhorrence of this show. Please take it off the air and put Greg White back on or come up with something a little less stupid.

14. nads755

nads755 Well-Known Member

I just sent my neg feedback to speed. the show is an insult to performance bikes in general, This show is def going to make the public's perception of motorcyclists even more negative.

15. Jamesm925

Jamesm925 Well-Known Member

my feedback to speed tv:

"all I can say in regards to your recent program "superbikes" is wow.....

Speed Tv has managed to legitimize being a reckless, irresponsible stunter on open roads--IN CITY TRAFFIC.

Your new show "Superbikes" portrays "today's young sportbike riders" as a bunch of reckless stunters and attention whores so desperate for the "badboy" "crotchrocket" image conjured up by garabage movies such a "bikerboyz" and "torque".

The general public already has a negative image of the sportbike community as reckless people riding "suicide-cycles" and performing wheelies and other reckless types of riding on open roads.

Well, think of how the general public is going to perceive our community after seeing your new show. basically, you're attempting to legitimize illegal activity on a motorcycle.

As a young adult male rider (im 23), I take offense to your portrayal of my sport and my age group.
    I predominantly ride my sportbike on race tracks--what the bike was designed for. On the street, I avoid city streets and stick to riding conservatively on twisty country roads.
    I NEVER stunt, perform wheelies and do other reckless crap--let alone even think about doing so in city traffic.

I don't care that the sad truth is that 90% of my generation: 1) doesn't know how to ride a sportbike (i.e. they're meant to go around racetracks quickly), 2)my generation embraces sportbike more for a "badboy" image than a love to actually ride,

3) my generation equates riding sportbikes with highspeed runs on the highway and wheelies through city traffic.

true, I understand this is your target audience. I am not disputing that these morons will watch your show. What I am disputing is your whole-hearted willingness to embrace this crowd of ignorant, naive riders and to create the message that it's "badass" to ride like a reckless moron and that breaking the law by stunting on open roads somehow makes you an "outlaw", a "bikerboy", riding a "superbike"--an image that today's youth should aspire to.

Superbikes are race-bred production sportbikes with hundreds of thousands of dollars put into them for the SOLE PURPOSE OF GOING FAST AROUND A RACETRACK. They are rode by extremely talented individuals, young and older, that push these bikes to their limits in a controlled environment, for the purpose of competition.

Motorcycle racing seen through AMA racing and MotoGP is a a form of art.
    Reckless and irresponsible stunting and speeding on public roads is just that--Illegal activity that YOU, SPEED TV, are condoning.

What's next in your brilliant line of programs? "road rage racer"?"

16. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

in my feedback I mentioned:

how damaging and irresponisble it is to motorcycling, as if we don't have enough public image issues.

they're missing out on their best demo and going after the 20yr old with no $$$ anyway...I'm sure their advertisers are interested in someone who's annual income is $15K instead of $150K...good move. their ad sales folks can't be happy with the superbikers fan as a target demo.

and I asked why they keep pandering to the lowest common denominator. no WRC, little F1, some motorcycle racing, and all NASCAR all the time. the name of the network is Speed TV. try starting with showing lots of racing, of all types. but that would make sense and help spread motorsport in general...wouldn't want to do that.:tut:

I guess corporate america just wants to take the easy route all the time...dumb it down so the water-heads can enjoy it.:down:

I know that 90% of sportbike riders have squidly tendencies and would get into a show like this, but shouldn't we expect our sport to be portrayed in the best light instead of the worst? How many times have you tried to get some kid, who you know is just one more ride away from throwing it into a ditch, to come out to the track? We all do, it's for the greater good. Superbikers is not.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
  17. qwck10th

qwck10th Member

If you want to get your point across, cc SPEEDTV on your email to the sponsors of the show. A friend has it TIVO'ed. I'll get a list up when I can, or if somone else taped it... post a list.

Dear sponsor of Superbike, a show that bad deserves a community puke, so next Tuesday, me, and all my friends will eat a large meal, watch the first 30 seconds of that show, and vomit, in unison. Who needs Ipecac?

Steve C.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
  18. qwck10th

qwck10th Member

More puking...

First, thanks to my lovely g/f, Ladyjaye on GSB for gathering this info... :up:

Next, this snippit from killboy.com' blog

Unconfirmed list of advertisers from killboy.com's blog.

More :Puke:

Here's the contact info we've found so far...

Dunlop: http://www.dunloptire.com/contact/
    Progressive.com: https://www.progressive.com/contact/contactus.asp
    Suzuki: http://www.media.suzuki.com/mc/mediaonly.html (best place I could come up with for the moment)
    1800motorcycle.net: http://www.1800motorcycle.net/contact_us.php

All best,

Steve C. & Ladyjaye.

19. honcati

honcati Well-Known Member

20. qwck10th

qwck10th Member

From Progressive