1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed enforcement - Baltimore area

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's when you just wait and pull over in a nice big full of people well lit parking lot...

2. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Recovered A.K.A. vehicles that police have stolen/seized?

3. PKS

PKS Happiness is belt fed!

That's exactly what I would do! Most of the cops I've run across would completely understand, once I had explained to them why it took me half a mile to pull over, especially if they were in something that in no way resembled a cop car.

4. rob600rider

rob600rider THE MAN

how about those unmarked suburbans they use here in knoxville

5. Jason Coleman

Jason Coleman Well-Known Member

Some of the cars are recovery cars, drug siezed cars, etc., but sometimes our nice local dealers unload their inventory for mere dollars, I was told in 99 a new explorer went to the city guys for under a hundred bucks. If the undercover cars make it easier for the Narcotics guys to get closer to the dealers, than I applaude the efforts, but trying to find a well lit spot can easily piss off an officer who thinks it is obvious that he / she is an officer and not an imposter; your warning definitely becomes a ticket. Be careful and defintely be honest with the officer that pulls you over, they have heard all of the excuses. You might be surprise how human officers can act.

6. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

ALLRIGHT!!! That's enough of the GA bashing. You tools from NC need to check the per capita income in GA as opposed to NC. So shut it!! [​IMG] As far as you VA folks are concerned, we are just as sharp as you are and don't have to pay damn near double to live in a decent area. Na nana boo boo! [​IMG]

7. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Where in the heck is Pooville?

8. darksydedave

darksydedave Well-Known Member

I got pulled once for speeding on a busy local three lane, pulled into a side street when I saw one, an got screamed at for not pulling over IMMEDIATELY! Guess the guy really WANTED to stand half in the middle lane next to my car dodging traffic? [​IMG]
    Besides that, I've been let go more times than not, most of the cops I've seen have been more than cool. Don't get me started with the stories, though! [​IMG]

9. PKS

PKS Happiness is belt fed!

Right down the road from PullMyFinger, North Carolina. [​IMG]

10. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Hope no "Kojaks with Kodaks" on the the way to Florida! [​IMG]

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Update: saw a red Mustang Cobra and a white Ford Explorer today, which both appeared to be on speed-tax collection duty. Again, a few miles north of Baltimore, on I-95.

12. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Papa, how long have you been living in Va now? Baltimore is "up there", not "down here".

:D

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Re: Re: Speed enforcement - Baltimore area

LOL, I'm still getting used to it. :D

14. 1slowguy

1slowguy Well-Known Member

Dang.. I thought this thread looked familliar... :D Its been a while.. maybe the the GA cops have graduated from horses to cars now... :eek:

15. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Sooooo...... how much was the ticket? :D

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Re: Re: Speed enforcement - Baltimore area

Wasn't speeding. Didn't get stopped. :)

17. JLG

JLG Well-Known Member

Speaking of tickets - I got one on the way home from VIR Saturday night. Boy was/am I pissed. 67 in a 55. Tell me is that speeding???!!!!! I don't think so, not when you are going down hill with a van and trailer. The state pooper was such an ass too! Hey RD, know anyone with VA Troopers?

JLG

18. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

I just stopped paying mine, hasn't cost me a cent since. :D

I wonder what would happen if someone went to the DMV, claimed their license was lost/stolen and then if they received a ticket go to court and claim it wasn't them??

19. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

I have seen a green Ford Exploder pulling people over in MD (795), as well as a black Expedition with rader/laser setup in the back...barely visible from behind when they are gunning for you.

Now for the Opinion column:
    Seems like they make a better killing on writing speeding tickets than catching drug dealers on the corner, or in the local heroin...I mean High School...although I really hate drivers that are over the top on the highway and think they should be targets for tickets....you know, the ones that have to jump around everyone in the slow lane to just cut you off to get in between you and the car in front of you. It is hard to just leave safe following distance without someone jumping in there and taking it away.