Southeast fuel shortage

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, May 11, 2021.

1. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lots of places posting up the same rumor with no confirmation from anyone yet.

3. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Crashed up motorcycle club racers are still faster than 90% of car club racers. (That should be a meme!)

so there’s always the 4 wheel option...

4. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Check again. The gas is slowly rolling in at least in Jacksonville

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

6. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Good to hear. No rush man. Hope you rehab enough to the point where it is your choice given the risks, etc. Gotta believe most of us are dealing with that on some level. I know I am.:beer:

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. It might sound weird, but if nothing else, I want to grid up one more time. Obviously I want to get back to 6-8 practice sessions and 9-14 races in a weekend.

But even if I choose to stop, I at least want to do it one more time, just to prove to myself that I can.

I would like to say "...and it doesn't even matter where I finish". But I know myself good enough to know that is bullshit. :crackup: I might say that leading up to the weekend, but when the visor goes down, I won't be fucking around.

8. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

Yeah, filled up yesterday. Headed to RRR today.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

10. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

ok, boomer.

Jk. I had a student say that to me the other day in class. When I told her that my mother was a boomer, all I got was momentary look of confusion followed by an eye roll. Gen Z < Millenials.

E Reed likes this.
  11. sdg

sdg *

They paid the ransom. WTF.

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Incentive to become a terrorist fuck.

ToofPic likes this.
  13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Checked 5 stations at lunch today. None had fuel.

14. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

15. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

The Waze app now shows fuel prices, and also shows if there have been reports of them running out of fuel. It also points out every car stopped along the roadside as well, if your into that sort of thing.

16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

When you have failed to have a good IT infrastructure that makes you hard to hack, coupled with none/insufficient backups to restore the files that were encrypted by the hackers, you are left with very few choices to get back in business.

We've had a lot of wake-up calls. Every business needs good training against hacks like phishing and email hacks. Every business needs good, regular and verified backups of each and every server, incremental every day or few days, full weekly or monthly, stored off-line where a encryption hack can't access them. Every business needs to keep their IT assets fully patched and protected.

We won't learn. This will happen again.

Soon.

Boman Forklift, YamahaRick and sdg like this.
  17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

And again and again and again...

YamahaRick likes this.
  18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Nope.
    Why did you buy 100 gallons of gas?
    Answer:
    To put next to the 300 rolls of TP I still have

Fuzzy317 and Gorilla George like this.
  19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

The other major flaw is the lack of retaliation. If you get $5mil great, if not so what. It should be you got $5mil but have to spend the rest of your days looking over your shoulder as a CIA hit squad comes after you.

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the app once blocked me from "over reporting" traffic in Atlanta...lol. And the people that report potholes :rolleyes:

Boman Forklift likes this.