1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone is worried!

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Yamaha have announced that they won't let Lorenzo test with Ducati at Jerez in November. It is customary to allow departing riders to test before the end of their contracts and pretty rare that they are held to the December 31st deadline. Yamaha is worried!

masshole, throwdown and Phl218 like this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I remember this happened before right? Was it Rossi when he was leaving Honda to go back to Yamaha? Or was it when Stoner was leaving Ducati for Honda? Something like that....

EDIT: apparently it was when Rossi was leaving Yamaha for Ducati, but I'm pretty sure I remember this storyline playing out other times as well.
    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport...yamaha-boss-would-release-rossi-for-testing-/

Apparently Rossi was also banned from riding/testing the 2011 prototype M1 after his Ducati announcement as well.
    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2010/august/aug0610-rossi-banned-from-riding-new-yamaha-/

3. Jay Hodge

Jay Hodge Well-Known Member

I know I'm in the minority, but I think Lorenzo will do just fine on the big red bike.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Maybe it's pay back for lorenzo acting like a dillhole? Lot's of reasons besides being worried.

5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Rossi was held to his Honda contract in 2003...

mzarra likes this.
  6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

No that uncommon to not be allowed to test for your new employer before your contract is up. Why give them any advantage? Yamaha expects RapeFace to be strong on the Duc.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Maybe Yamaha wants as much input as possible from JL before he moves on.

:crackup:

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I could've sworn I read Yamaha was going to let him, and Suzuki was going to let Vinales do the same.

9. You're not crazy. I read the same thing.

10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Funny - it seems that they're letting him test the Ducati at Valencia after the last race but not at Jerez a week later. Something is strange about that.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

That is odd.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Could it have something to do with pre-arranged commitments with sponsors and stuff? Maybe there's no conflicting things going on the day after at Valencia for the test, but the following week @ Jerez they have things that were already scheduled for that Lorenzo committed to participate in?

I dunno, just a thought?

13. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Yamaha is in Malaysia with Rossi/Vinales on those dates, so the team is busy getting on with 2017. It seems quite political.

14. You ladies really do like the drama, don't you?

15. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Ha Ha. Welp. I guess that blows Rob P's obvious attempted narrative right out of the water. Try again butler

16. Jay Hodge

Jay Hodge Well-Known Member

Glad to see you back, didn't see you in the Jesus of Tavulia thread, thought you might have found a warm bath and slit your wrist after Aragon.

17. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

I've been around and posted. I proved my point in that thread, which is there are far more Uccio and Rossi haters than actual Uccios.

Not sure who you are though

18. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Ha, ha. Welp it's not my Narrative, it's David Emmett's:
    "1. They are worried about how quick he will be on the GP17; or 2. Lorenzo has done something to upset Yamaha. I suspect explanation 1."
    :crackup:

19. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

So the only reason they might not let him test the Ducati is to limit his seat time?

I'm still in the "Lorenzo will struggle" boat...........at least for much of 2017. Struggle is probably a harsh term, though. He will be at the pointy end, but rarely for wins.

I want to be wrong, though. Him putting the Duc in consistent winning contention is only going to make things more interesting............hard to believe considering the delights we've been treated to this season.

20. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I saw Rossi playing with a VooDoo doll of J-Lo , sticking pins in his head . He just put the Sete curse on him . He will never win another race ! :D :beer: