So where's the Danny Eslick thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Jul 5, 2020.

1. ton

ton Arf!

i'm not quoting the cosby meme. but holy f*@k, the multiple levels of irony there...

R Acree and joec like this.
  2. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

He was a lot funnier before i knew he was a rapist.

R Acree and badmoon692008 like this.
  3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I met him once and he gave me an autograph. He's really a good guy.

awalk9905, scottn, beechkingd and 4 others like this.
  4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Okay, so he’s guilty now just because you said so? Judge, jury, and executioner. You never cease to amaze me. I expect you to now tell me how wrong I am and how right you are yet you know no details and I actually might. As Britt posited, SMH. Ignorance is apparently bliss. Enjoy it.

5. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. YamRZ350

For a rapist..

7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

A lot of talent gone to waste. It's a shame. Alcohol obviously is the common denominator. Until he gets on the program and gets sober, his problems wont stop.

Gino230 and rcarson15 like this.
  8. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

At that point you might as well have kicked their asses. :D

britx303 and G 97 like this.
  9. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

[​IMG]

chickenpants and noles19 like this.
  10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Ricky Graham comes to mind. A truly top shelf racer who damaged a whole lot of relationships due to the inability to effectively metabolize ethanol. Then, once he got clean, and focused, came back to win a dirttrack championship no one thought he'd be competitive in again.

VFR#52, G 97 and YamahaRick like this.
  11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

I love watching this dude ride, same vibes as I get from Iannone though, and for totally different reasons, but end result the same, not knowing either of them and just watching them for years. i don't wanna say wasted talent, cause he's not over the hill yet, but time IS finite in this game, gotta maximize as much of it as you can if you wanna be a racer i guess. definitely just flat out RAW talent tho that's (obviously) not being fully capitalized on. i loved watching this dude ride not only cause of style on the bike, but i saw a lot of him in his attitude that i saw in my group of friends i was rolling around with more 8 or so years ago... lot of similarities there, and we were like, "yo this dude is awesome, love this dude." and well, you see how that goes. some make it out of a phase of being a wild maniac party guy, some it becomes more of a problem than a fun time at some point. we lost one of ours to his demons... others grew up and eventually had kids and found steady careers and calmed down, got families, taking it easy a little more... its hard to say how that's ever gonna go until it does. certainly are a bunch of forks in the road where its easy to get off the ride before things get too heavy in most cases, but hey... dunno the dude so no idea how that individual journey's been going for him.

i tried to find the post race interview were he wanted to fight somebody's dad... Herrin? cause this thread made me think of it, then laugh about it a little to myself... but its either gone or buried in youtube and i give up. anyways... hopefully dude can work himself out here one way or another and get back to utilizing his potential. this thread also made me wonder what Martin Cardenas is up to? dude was a monster then just disappeared. oh well...

12. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Iirc Martin had a serious accident.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  13. YamRZ350

No, I got it.

14. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Herrin's dad was giving him a ration of shit in the winners enclosure, and made some kind of threat. He was upset at Danny for how he was racing with Josh that day. All I recall Danny saying was "Bring it bitch", but it was around a live mike for the broadcast.

Sweatypants likes this.
  15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

So we’ve suspended the ass raping for now?

So he got drunk and got crazy and caught a case. I hope that whatever consequences Danny faces will make him finally address his problem. Getting off relatively light before obviously didn’t help him.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

When someone actually does something that is how it works. Why are you trying to negate him beating on a woman or fighting with three kids who stopped it? The fact is it happened. Why should it be ignored? Why should public opinion about it be good?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He is guilty because he did it.

So come on mister I know everything about pro racing and racers and you never know shit - what are the details? He was hitting his girl. It was stopped by 3 kids. One of their parents pressed charges. I have those facts from people involved including one of the kids. What part of that is wrong?

You love getting all pissy about me but yet have never once backed it up with facts to prove me wrong. So come on Rick, for once actually say what you really mean.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, that was at VIR IIRC. Phil instigated that incident. I don’t fault Eslick one bit for his response. This one is on Phil.

Sweatypants likes this.
  19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Until right about 9 years ago, my cousin had a long and storied history of getting off light. Then he fucked up one too many times and caught a helluva case and hung himself on his 43rd birthday. Kid had real potential to be a welterweight boxing world contender but couldn't leave the drugs alone.

Waste.

20. YamRZ350

In my (limited) experience as an official, Josh was always great to deal with. His dad, not so much.

Canadian Bacon likes this.