1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So LEAN trackdays is doing an endurance racing series too?

Discussion in 'General' started by ineedanap, Jan 19, 2019.

1. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Really?

It's on their facebook.

Can the north central even support 2 series?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

3. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Maybe.. It seems a good number of TD folks want to race, but race within the familiar comfort of their TD org. Hence the TD with "racing" hybrid model.

I think if WERA ran TDs and riders came up through the TD ladder within WERA they would be more likely to give the racing side a chance.

Comfort Zones Matter.

rcarson15 and turbulence like this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Still surprised the insurance guys are cool with this.

What kind of licensing requirements do they have?
    Do they run separate TF groups and race groups at these events?

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Just at Nelson... ImIsure Sean will gladly let them lose money instead of Wera

ineedanap likes this.
  6. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Thats how Moto Series was run...Saturday track day and Sunday racing. It was a great format that gave you more time to learn a new track and work on bike set up. It also gives you bang for the buck track time for the weekend. It actually was how I started racing. Got into doing track days with them and then decided I wanted to compete. When Moto series went away, I went over to N2 for track days and WERA/CCS for racing.

When I do the CCS summit rounds, I always do the Friday track day and then the weekend of racing. I also do the same for the WERA/N2 endurance weekends.

5axis likes this.
  7. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

When I ran into Todd a few years ago, there was the thought of starting something back up with Moto-Series if Nelson ever did some improvements. Might go for a lunchbreak visit and see what's going on.

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So why did Todd drop the Moto Series as they seemed to push thru the pavement issues?

9. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

From my understanding, Todd was doing some shady things and the new track owners didn't/don't care for him too much. Stuff that I could say, but I don't do beeb drama :)

The writing was on the wall for Moto Series when Todd posted 6 rounds at Nelson's for the 2015 season and no other tracks.

10. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

:crackup:... that’s like saying , i’m Not an arsonist , as you whip a flaming Molotov cocktail through someone’s living room window :D

TwiztedRabbit, Dave675 and TLR67 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All it's going to do is screw us at Nelson. Everyone keeps thinking these guys will all go racing now - they don't.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is a great way to keep us from going back to Nelson. There are flat out not enough racers up there to support that many races - even if some are combined with track days. We'll lose money with the new track rental and it'll force us to pull back out of the track.

TwiztedRabbit likes this.
  13. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Todd isn’t going to be doing anything at the track, if he was Lean never would have been started by people who raced Moto series.