So did anybody get pics of my crash?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hawk0589, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Hawk0589

Hawk0589 One Armed Bandit

At Nashville? Turn 2, 2nd practice session, Sunday, lap 1.
    It was my frist track crash ever, and first roadracing crash at that! Not to mention my first time to go down on the road bike since I lost my arm.
    Oh and to those of you who saw it...how did it look? It felt like it looked cool. I bet the looks on your faces were priceless.
    Oh and thanks to those of you who stopped by to make sure I was ok, and to Joe Barton for the replacement footpeg, and Dwane who had one but unfortunately it didnt work. Good times, one for my memory books (maybe record book too, we'll see)

2. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

dammit man!!!! one arm'd bandits aint supposed to crash!

Glad to hear youre ok, Brett. I wanna hear the details at the GNF. :up:

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I could have gotten pics of it, if I had a camera on the back of my borrowed bike. :Poke:

Now you know better than to follow me on an out lap. :D

4. porkyb

porkyb Chasing LWT Twins

Damn Brett..
    Glad to hear you aint to banged up and were able to get back out there...
    Did your mom Have "the stroke" we talked about at BARBER...LOL...

see ya at the GNF bud...

5. Hawk0589

Ok I'll see you there Todd.
    Just rub it in Stick....if it werent for your greasy tires slickin' up my line, I'da been ok. LOL
    Yeah I'm good Porky, and yeah, I'm sure she came close. Thank God she didnt actually see it lol. The first thing I did was look at the crowd to make sure she wasnt there. She wasnt but I did see Ed Bargy.... wondered what he was thinking, but never got a chance to ask him. I'm sure he'll tell me what he saw at the GNF

6. porkyb

porkyb Chasing LWT Twins

Now back to our tire warmer discussion...LOL...:Poke:

7. Hawk0589

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!:Puke: I knew that would come back to haunt me. ugh :crackup:

8. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

We were pitted next to him and he told everybody that you hit him from behind. :D

9. Hawk0589

nope, that bloody motard spit oil right in front of me. LOL no wait, he brake checked me and my cold tires couldnt handle the stress, yeah thats what it was.:crackup:

10. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Did you get that bike running again, or did you have to use the backup bike?

11. stickboy274

I guess I could have bumped him. That was a new bike to me. I had only been on it for about 10 laps when that happened. Maybe I put it in reverse by accident as I was pulling away.

When you have that tire warmer discussion, also talk about the fact he want's to run tires untill the cords show.

12. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

doesn't that make them heat up faster? ;)

13. stickboy274

They do build heat as they slide across the ground, but only if they stay in contact with the pavement. If they come off the ground, the bodywork tends to build the heat.

14. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

Catt got a shot afterward...

[​IMG][/IMG]

15. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Damn it Brett, you're only supposed to do that at tracks I'm at and in front of me!!!!!! Glad you're good. Hope your mom is ok too, lol

16. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

glad you're alright Bret, just don't make a habit of it

17. Roosell

Roosell It's just as I suspected

:crackup::clap:

18. Fem Fatale

Fem Fatale Well-Known Member

Glad you're ok Brett!

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Why...did he run into the back of you?

I figure he had a good 12-13 miles an hour on you.

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Did you at least have the precense of mind to jump up and run around screaming.....where's my arm?.....at everyone.