1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowpiercer, seriously messed up movie

Discussion in 'General' started by jkhonea, Jul 9, 2015.

1. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Finally got around to watching this tonight. Man, what a seriously bizarre movie. But strangely, pretty damned entertaining. If you haven't seen it, give it a run. Lot of stars pop up that you wouldn't expect.

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Arm holes.

3. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Took me a minute but got what you meant. SERIOUSLY messed up! Just coming up on the end of it now.

4. kris

kris Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it :)

5. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

It was the answer to a trivia question that was asked one night. Nobody at our table had seen/heard of it. So I decided to watch it. I thought the same thing. Messed up, but pretty good.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

-1 here.

i like "fiction" but that was bullcrap. a society in a train?
    a glimpse of waht we are going to see? clobal cooling, snow and an endlessly running train with the poor and the rich? LOL

7. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing... so stupid, but entertaining, and completely messed up.

8. Jason P.

Jason P. Well-Known Member

my friend hyped this up this to me so much but when i watched it i felt like it robbed me of my life.

the plot was dumb and so was the action. but the funniest part is when they find out whats in those protein bricks.

9. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

so, to sum it up, you guys are saying, basically...

"such a stupid movie i hated that I liked it better than any movie I'd never seen about a movie about society on a train that has armholes that's seriously f@#$ed up."

:D

10. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

Want to see it.

Saw Ex Machina. Another good flick. Best one of the year IMO.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Finally watched Death at a Funeral. Like a train wreck. Couldn't look away.

12. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I've started Ex Machina. I need to go back and start it again from the beginning.

13. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

after reading the threads I teed up on the DVR this week the keanu movie John Wick and watched that Tuesday night (decent but a bit over the top). Also watched Jack Reacher (based on the books, with Tom Cruise (better than I expected but he's just not the same as the "book" Jack Reacher (a large, imposing man)). I've got snowpiercer on tap for tonight...

14. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

You should watch "A Siberian Film". It's a family feel good murder mystery.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lol!

16. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Now that's a fucked up movie!

17. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I love that the movie has many ties to Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged." For a Netflix movie you really can't complain. Decent acting and effects and the story is original enough.

18. rhouck

rhouck wat?

I finally got around to watching it a month or so ago and liked it a lot. It's supposed to be a realistic plot :rolleyes: If you like other ridiculous South Korean movies with outrageous plots and horrifying scenes, then this fits the bill. It's definitely not a mainstream, sit down with the wife and kids kind of movie though.

:crackup: That's fucked up

19. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Its Serbian Film. Not siberian. And yes, that is pretty f'd up!

20. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

You are absolutely right. :up: