Since the Da Vinci Code is coming out.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by HPPT, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

On that I will agree with one qualifier (at least as it relates to my beliefs) religion was created by man and is often in contradiction to the message of the worshipped.

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  2. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

And a lot are dead because of physicists who work on nuclear bombs, and chemists who work on conventional explosives and chemical weapons.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Don't forget the original metalurgists and slingshot makers.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Frank, you're smarter than that. :)

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

pretty sure that priests don't engineer nuclear, and biological weapons.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

True dat, but I believe there may have been a pope or two that wasn't quite as faithful a follower as he might have been.

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

just saying frank's statement is correct.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You guys can't argue that guns don't kill people AND that weapons engineers are responsible for people killed in wars. Either the end user/decision maker is held accountable or not.

9. 2000yellow360

2000yellow360 Well-Known Member

Brad:

I usually do, but the employees get the days off. Didn't start off as a Christian, family celebrated Jewish holidays, so I missed a lot or the Christian religion holidays. Except for St. paddy's which I usually celebrate.

Frank:

Science kills people. I've studied wars, and usually those with the best technology win. The Romans had the best armour, and they won until they finally couldn't afford to field an army. Same thing with WW1, where the rifles of the allies were far superior to the German stuff. WW2 was pretty much the same, the Germans started out with better technology, but never mass produced the better technological stuff that they had, fought with obsolete planes, and tanks and got beat. Had Hitler put the Me262 into production a couple years earlier, when he had the assets to produce them in quantity, our bombing of Germany would have ceased very quickly, since that plane ate P51s for breakfast, and even the F-80 the the Brit Meteor was no match for it, had they been produced earlier. Hitler had a 4 jet engined bomber partially built, with range to hit New York at the end of the war.

Art

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I THINK Frank's point was that there have been more than enough killings throughout history from people of faith (regardless of which one) and people without that pointing a finger at any one group is ridiculous. I sit to be corrected.

11. mad brad

mad brad Guest

papa, i totally agree. just as engineers don't kill people, neither does religion. people kill people.

art,

do you tell them on the way out the door to enjoy their foolish rediculous holiday, or do you respectfully not?

12. 2000yellow360

2000yellow360 Well-Known Member

They pretty well know where I stand, so I don't bother to tell them anything, except to enjoy the time with their families.

Art

13. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i would imagine they know you aren't religous, and not the venomous hate and contempt you spew about them. :D

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, I would have to research numbers but I think more wars are started in the name of God (anyone of his multiple identities) than not.

And I'm damn sure the A-bomb engineers didn't fly the Enola Gay. :)

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

so? they weren't desiging that thing to cure malaria.

16. Knarf Legna

Glad somebody's paying attention. ;)

17. Knarf Legna

Look up Deak Parsons.

18. Knarf Legna

Bad argument. Guns can be used for other things besides killing humans, like target shooting or hunting. Name another use for a nuke (besides blowing up a Hollywood asterioid). A few of the guys involved in the Manhatten Project struggled with this.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Historically, probably. In recent history no, at least in major conflicts. I don't feel like googling death and destruction of a lovely Friday afternoon.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, I could have sworn I listened to a guy describe how he dropped that thing in a documentary recently who wasn't Deak Parsons. I guess I'm wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.