1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show me your view

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jul 22, 2022.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Don't have a photo, but things are rockin and rollin here in Taipei. Hanging out on the street outside my hotel with aftershock after aftershock rolling in.

ToofPic, 27 and wsmc42 like this.
  2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What you're feeling are explosions from the directed energy weapon China is using on Taiwan right now.
    I have videos and documents to prove it.

Robin172, Jed and motion like this.
  3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Hope you're ok. Getting some wild pictures from the media now.

[​IMG]

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Earthquakes scare the $#!+ outta me, but I would like to feel a 6 or 7 just once, just to see what it's like.

A. Barrister likes this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

All good here in Taipei. It was super strong and scared the $hit out of me, although I've been thru several in California. Typical debris in the streets and I saw one building on fire about an hour after the main quake.

ToofPic and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

About 8-9 years ago I felt one at home. Thought it was a truck passing by as it shook the house a bit for about 4-5 seconds, but later found out it was an earthquake a few hundred km away (near Ottawa). Makes you feel pretty small in the grand scheme of things. I would absolutely NOT want to experience one in a large city setting.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Maine isn’t known for being tectonically active, but I know of at least four earthquakes that happened there while growing up. Never felt one of them.

First time I was ever in El Ayyy, I was walking into one of the offices of the company I worked for, and as soon as I got through the doors everyone was chattering and asked me if I felt that.

Felt what?

Apparently while I was walking in, there was an earthquake, and again I didn’t feel a damn thing.

Guess I didn’t come equipped with a seismograph.

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

You're so shaky already that you can't tell.

A. Barrister, pickled egg and Jed like this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

@pickled richter

pickled egg likes this.
  11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm near a fault line, I've felt several over the years including the Ottawa one. We had one a couple months ago where the epicenter was about 5 miles from me. It was only a 2 point something but we definitely felt it.

12. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I remember one when I lived in Illinois. Apparently, it was the New Madrid fault that shifted (look it up), but that's down in St. Louis, and I was North of Chicago.

Once a Wanker.. and pickled egg like this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

the sensor/antenna is your penis…. :Poke::crackup:

I feel everything:D

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Mid 80s was one that could be felt in the Midwest… I remember that one…

15. pickled egg

Now it makes sense.

Since you have a denser concentration of nerve endings due to the diminished area, yours naturally would be more sensitive. :Poke: :crackup:

16. pickled egg

The history of that area is fascinating. Lots of crazy shit with the Mississippi running northward after a massive heave.

17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I was guessing a micro penis or you’re all penis response:D

thanks for being there for the ribbing as expected man :crackup:

my favorite aunt who I named Mean Jean as a toddler had this auntie joke… you’d tell her to “kiss my ass” she’d say “mark the spot because you’re all ass!” I miss the grumpy old lady :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  18. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

That would explain why I can't feel anything anymore.....:(

19. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Someday that New Madrid fault is going to really let loose. Probably close to the time that Yellowstone decides to erupt.

20. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

If Yellowstone goes off in our lifetime, it would be the best to be directly on top of it when it does:eek: