1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shipping a motorcycle

Discussion in 'General' started by bentforks, Jun 12, 2006.

1. bentforks

bentforks Well-Known Member

Anyone know which shipping companies are the better one's.. If it helps the shipping is going from Maryland to Portland Oregon.

Thanks

2. whitey_1964

whitey_1964 Well-Known Member

Have only done it once. We used JC Motors. Shipped a pristine Kawi ZX6RR from Florida to Illinois. Arrived in Illinois in exactly same condition as it left Florida. Door to door service too. Did take 2 days longer than estimated for shipping time, but there was a holiday too, so didn't seem like an un-normal delay.

3. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Forward Air.. The Search feature is your friend.

-steve

4. gixxerfever

gixxerfever Well-Known Member

I have used Forward air and also Allied.... With forward air you have to bring the bike to the airport and with Allied they come to your house and pick it up, they put it on a pallet(spelling?) and you get to supervise. Both race bikes arrived safe and well.

5. icantslowdown

icantslowdown Well-Known Member

Forward Air uses crates where Allied uses pallets. I've always used FA because of that little extra protection. The obvious downside is having to deliver the bike to their terminal, usually at your local major airport.

6. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I've used Daily Direct and they were pretty cheap. No prep required, shows up on a truck tied down just like you'd haul in a trailer. Unload it and ride it away.

7. Trinity Rx7

Trinity Rx7 Well-Known Member

I had my bike shipped from dallas to las vegas with forward air. Like others said you do have to take it to their location. But the bike arrived a day early and was in the same shape that it was shipped in. They have good pricing also.

8. wolf44

wolf44 Well-Known Member

if you have a terminal close...fwd air all the way, can't be any easier