Serious philosophical question

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Aug 22, 2023.

1. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

@motion found his special purpose.

cav115 and motion like this.
  2. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Everyone that I've let ride it, has come off with a look of bafflement on their faces. It looks super uncomfortable. It isn't. It looks like a bigger bike that might be truckish in tight stuff. It isn't. The looks are a personal taste thing, but everyone fell in love after they rode it. Even those that hated the looks, suddenly were like "ah....I get it now". Really a drag they stopped making it. If you look for one, 2013-2015 are the best years. Earlier ones had fueling issues, and less horsepower.

3. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

In this philosophical discussion, maybe the RC8 is the answer.

4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Depends on how you look at it....

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My brain is not sophisticated enough to conceptualize something with no beginning.
    What happened to it? You said "see it wrecked." Someone else did it?

6. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I posted it in one of these threads....on the way home from work, typical car pulled out in front of me. Was doing 55, and got it down to 20 before I ran out of space. Witnesses said the rear wheel was about 2 feet in the air, and they were surprised I even got it slowed. Really no room to stop, and had a deep culvert to the left, and traffic to the right. I still feel like I should have seen it coming, but maybe I'm just getting old and my reflexes aren't quick enough. Truth is, I normally cover the brake through intersections, and I wasn't in that situation. I figured he saw the 2 cars that were alongside of me, but he didn't see THEM either! They almost hit him, and then he popped out in front of me and stopped.

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I think that's pretty much a human constant. Can you conceptualize anything before the beginning of time? How about after the end of time? We have to accept that spacetime arose from nothing, or that it has always existed. Either concept seems beyond our intellectual grasp.

27 and gixer1100 like this.
  8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Some one has to pay the Lochness Monster

9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I think we're here because we're not all there.

CBRRRRR999 and Sabre699 like this.
  10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

He asks only for your belief.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Okay, I think I read about that but I didn't remember a particular brand or model. That really sucks.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This one is actually easier for me, as I have no particular reason to believe that time is going to end. So I don't waste any wondering what happens after. I don't think it had ever crossed my mind.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I was sitting in the Horseshoe at Daytona and Chris Fillmore was able to hold a tighter line than everyone else. Every lap. Of course he got absolutely smoked as soon as the power came on but it was very obvious the bike was a scalpel. Just grossly underpowered.

15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

16. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I don't know if I would call it 'grossly' underpowered. Mine posted 154-157 at the wheel (supposedly it's 185ish at the crank), and that's plenty of power when you don't have an electronic safety net. They are much more difficult to maximize as a racebike more due to architecture, which is why Chris got smoked on the straights. On the street, it's hard to keep the front down through 3rd gear.

17. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

The Universe's maximum-security prison.

gixxernaut likes this.
  19. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Yes, for all intents and purposes we're pretty much stuck in this solar system. A veritable Alcatraz.

20. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

It's a beautiful bike, will it ever be the fastest around a track, aboutsuly not!! But it could be the most fun