1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seattle and Vancouver, what to see and do?

Discussion in 'General' started by Wingnut, Feb 16, 2015.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Btw, that photo above was taken 3 weeks ago.

2. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

East Hastings is, the rest is actually home to some trendy neighborhoods and typical hipster restaurants and shops.

3. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Probably just sight seeing, dining since I have the wife with me. She might want to check out a "Peeler"

4. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Funny- She just got her Medical MJ Card out here in AZ (Dual Residency between AZ and FL) and I had to show her how to use the stuff properly since she never, ever tried. Haven't done that in the last 20 years and it made me melt into the couch....:D

5. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

Depending on how much time you got, assuming the weather is nice, some ideas I can think of:

1. Hit the common view spots, some pretty good ones in Seattle are the needle view off Queen Anne Kerry Park, on the other side of QA the view of Lake Union (5th and Lynn), view of the stadiums and the Port off Jefferson Park.

2. Coffee. If you like espresso Seattle got some top shelf stuff. Vivace, Stumptown, Voxx are my favorites.

3. Again, if the weather is nice and warm, go see the locks and then hit the beach in Golden Gardens. If you're into a little hike to spectacular views, Discovery Park is a great option that way.

4. If you got some serious time on your hands, take a ferry to Orcas Island on your way to Vancouver. That's best done with staying on the island overnight in a nice B&B. If you really want to do this in style, take a hydro plane out of Seattle to the island. There's maybe even a way to fly one way and then fly over to Vancouver from there on the puddle hopper as well.

5. See if there's any music or beer festivals going on in Seattle when you're here, plenty of those during the summer, usually good to very good.

6. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Great ideas, D - Especially about Kenmore Air to the San Juan Islands. We looked at that, but opted to hit Victoria on the Clipper.

http://kenmoreair.com/ - I have flown with them to Vancouver Island, great tour guides and fun flight.