1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sears Point, California | Superbike Shootout 2014 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, May 2, 2014.

1. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

2. caferace

caferace No.

I'll wander down and see if I can find you. It's a (very pleasant) madhouse here ...

-jim

3. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Zemke crashed in T3 taking the others out. A photographer friend of mine should have a series of photos. Bobby Fong and Garret Gerloff had a good race in Sportbike.

Attached Files:

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So do the Honda's already have the new go-fast parts? Is this why they're racing for podiums instead of top-10's?

5. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

:beer:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah, gotcha.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Almost all of the live timing apps get freaked if you have duplicate bike numbers so they might be just adding a letter. We usually go with the first letter of a riders last name.

8. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Here's a link to some of the images I shot over the weekend. The online editor wanted a gallery so I added a few club races too. :) It was a great weekend, thanks to everyone that made this series happen!!!! Gerloff and Solis were getting their elbow down in the carousel, Cory West is no slouch at standup wheelies and Cam is flat out amazing.
    http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs....S&ArtNo=506009998&Ref=PH&Presentation=desktop

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  9. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

Who saw cam's crash on the cool down lap?

10. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

I happened to be standing right there at the end of the turn 9 braking zone.

Cool down lap he comes bombing down in there locked up sideways with smoke pouring off the tire, I'm thinking "whoa cool" then all of a sudden he's tumbling down the track.

Sat there for a second probably thinking WTF then got up and went to his bike. It wasn't quite ready to roll so he hitched a ride to the podium with another rider.

11. caferace

caferace No.

I interviewed Cam post-race for the show. To say he was a bit embarrased by that would be putting it mildly. :D

-jim

12. caferace

caferace No.