Scott Harwood is a douche

Discussion in 'General' started by gpstar748, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

:Poke:

just messing with you Justin.

2. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Isn't the IOM broadcasted worldwide, with the exception of the US, on Eurosport? Doesn't the IOM attract spectators from around the globe? WTF would they care about 60 Minutes for? I wouldn't be surprised if that letter just earned a blacklist in a few circles.

3. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

So who the heck IS Scott Harwood?

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

[​IMG]

5. JustinCase

JustinCase I Forget

No worries. I actually realized my mistake right after i posted the response. I looked back and wondered, why is he answering his own question? Doh. Too lazy to change it in time.:cool:

6. dclude757

dclude757 Race Whore

Scooter! http://www.go-scooter-go.com/

Props to others clarifying who this guy is - Scott Greenwood is a great dude.

PS - I only get so much time at work on the bbs and for some reason I'm thinking this thread is going to burn it all up.

Congrats Brandon - Don't let the haters spoil the accomplishment.

7. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

from the website:
    BURN!

8. haunter

haunter Well-Known Member

:crackup:

I am jealous of the OP thats why hes a douche, they other guy, well thats pretty evident why he is :up:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Good Luck EVER getting an invite:

Twitter: update:Team Principal Stephen J Vlasblom had racebikes & logistics set 4 delivery 2 TT. TT appeal board has not answered appeal or returned any communication since we filed. Due 2 this bad form and unproffessional behavior exhibited by the TT, Team Go-Scooter-Go has officially withdrawn any and all entry plans.
    Short: http://tl.gd/11jnfd | Posted from Twittelator Pro

11. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

If I was KWS I'd sign this Harwood guy up for an assault on the AMA title for 2011. How do you get 3 National endurance titles without anyone ever hearing of you? C rider on a team?

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

CCS endurance series, that team challenge thing they do.

13. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

And thanks for the phone call too asshole! :crackup:

Ok...I have a little more insight into this ordeal. The first of the year I was racing the local series here in phx. It was close to home, they had good purse money and I was supporting one of my sponsors by showing up and knockin the mud out of a few guys that were on my hit list.

It was here that I met Scott Harwood. Nice guy, had aspirations of going to the IOM and was seriously getting some heavy press/sponsorship to go race there. Honestly...the guy was second to none when it came to gathering funds and press!

I knew a little about him because we became facebook buddies and I was reading his progress (which was amazing). We spoke a few times and I gave him my contact at Godaddy.com to see if he could get sponsorship.

Still...I knew nothing about him other than reading what he wrote and his claims. I kept a eye on the guy because I thought that he was going to be a worthy competitor on the track when he posted the he was going to be testing at the Firebird rounds.

He links to this press release that has it looking like he has Spies crew working behind him for the IOM. Found here.... http://www.roadracerx.com/news/ama-pro-racer-hardwood-to-contend-isle-of-man-tt/

Boy was I wrong.

He was 7 seconds off pace, had the experience of a first year novice and honestly...I was embarrassed for him. I watched this guy for several rounds and out of pure American pride and not wanting to see this guy go to the IOM and embarrass the whole country...I tried to help.

It became apparent that Scott knew nothing about setup, gearing, tire pressure, geometry or how to ride a bike at the expert level, let alone the professional level. Scott would have had a better chance of stepping in warm dinosaur shit than win a club race...let alone qualify for the IOM.

Yet...come monday, after every race Scott, was posting on his FB the great accomplishments that he had over the weekend:tut: WTH??? My daddy used to always say...."Men lie, women lie but numbers dont".

http://www.roadracesw.com/results/2010/resultsByRider.php?new_num=100097

Scott was either dead last, second to dead last or if he did beat anyone...it was typically guys that thru attrition and by not being able to stay a novice went expert. Yet come monday on FB...he was a stud.

I reached out to him once in a email and in person. I have this radar in me that I call the "fair radar". When I come upon a situation where I see or hear of a deal that is starting to become unfair...I will be sure to not take advantage of someone and bring the deal around. Scott...was not being fair to his sponsors, the people that followed him and he was misleading them.

As best as I could I tried to set him straight, made the suggestion that he put off the IOM for this year and that if he did go to the IOM he was going to embarrass himself, his sponsors and his country. This of course pissed him off and I couldnt blame him. Yet...he was ripping his sponsors off with pure bullshit and it was getting deep.

So I take a step back and watch, cringe and laugh at his remarks on facebook and then this press release comes out.... http://www.roadracerx.com/breaking-news/harwood-to-race-ama-pro/

First thing I am thinking..."this guy has to be the best salesman ever". Being a friend with Aussie Dave and talking to him regularly I ask him about his new teammate. First words out of his mouth..."Who???" and then..."I have no idea as to who he is and I know nothing about him racing on my team". I tell Dave..."He has a press release stating that he will be riding along with you and JRP". His response..."That is news to me".

Suddenly Harwoods lies start to unravel and his true colors start to shine. A few weeks later he has on his facebook this link...http://www.roadracerx.com/features/backmarker/agv-backmarker-pre-tt-gossip/

He commences to rip on Brandon, make claims of a 60 minute TV show and all this grandeur of how great he is and how much Brandon sucks in comparison to him. I could stand it no longer when he threw another racer under the bus and misleading people so I posted this in the comments section of RRX....

"Scott you will embarrass yourself, your sponsors that you have convinced that you are worthy of their sponsorship via your qualifications and every American the is a racer worth his weight in salt if you push the entry into the Isle of Mann TT.

Locally…I am the fastest racer in Arizona and even I would have to question my capabilities to race the TT. You Scott are on average 6 seconds slower than I per lap locally, lack the ability to setup even basic suspension (ie rider sag and free sag) and a back marker at best for the local race scene.

Dare to Dream Scott…but lets not confuse dreams with reality. A reality that you try to distort to everyone and even to yourself. You think that with all the media that you have stirred up based on smoke and mirrors that this gives you the right to be apart of the TT. When in fact in the eyes of those who know…feel embarrassed for you.

I know this will not go over well. But jeez dude, get real."

The guy is a douchebag of the highest caliber and a guy that deals with smoke and mirrors to distort the actual truth. As far as I am concerned the IOM made a excellent decison to not allow a guy of this nature on the course.

Last...who in the hell at RRX allows this kind of BS journalism. This is the second time in the last few years that I have seen this rag sensationalize a rider based upon pure conjecture. This rag is akin to a Hollywood gossip rag that in my eyes may be able to spell a riders name right...but lacks the basic creed to follow up on what it prints.

Thats it...I am writing RRX. I have just made myself the replacement rider for Rossi!!! :crackup:

14. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I love irony. :D

15. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Seriously. I couldn't agree more. :D

And Stone...I remember you're RRX rant about the Harwood. I knew you were holding a hand grenade for him....all I did was pull the pin (called you), because I knew you'd throw it. :D

The BBS has felt a bit slow since Ray and Shirley stopped posting ...I needed to do something to keep me entertained.

16. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

It's the end of the universe. A Davie Stone lecture on arrogance vs ability.

17. tjg412

tjg412 Well-Known Member

This thread reminds me of the SNL bit where they spoof ESPN classic female sports from the 80's and the announcers have to plug the sponsors. "When your man's in a coma from your pantie aroma. Summer's Eve........Douche." :crackup:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Even worse - he was right...

19. JustinCase

JustinCase I Forget

So he is the fastest racer in Arizona?

20. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

This thread just went from awesome to super-awesome!!!

Good work, fellas. :up: