Scam or real deal?

Discussion in 'General' started by Thumper, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Thumper

Thumper Saved by Grace

I'm looking at two bikes on Craig's list and got a wierd reply from each. Both gave a similar story but different original location (one from SC and the other from Montgomery, AL) and different shipping companies. I requested contact info on one of the companies and got this response:

Hi again,

the bike is being stored in Atlanta at Safehouse storage facility, the title and all paperwork is along with the bike in their possession. their sale policy is to deliver the vehicles with a 14-day inspection period right after the payment is confirmed, for inspection and to pick it up instead of have it delivered you have to schedule an appointment, and it could take up to 3 weeks until you have it set which is a timeframe that I'm not comfortable with.

I'm paying some fees each passing day and I would rather take advantage of their sale policy, so if you want to move forward with the purchase, let me explain you how they work and how we can proceed:

to start the official transaction I need your full name to be on the title along with your delivery address, I forward it to Safehouse and they will notify you with all the instructions (payment, shipping, return policy etc.).

one of their agents will be assigned to receive and handle payment. you have to transfer the funds to their agent as per their email directions and when the payment is complete you have to send them the transfers information, they verify it, deposit the purchase amount in their trust account then start the shipping process and you should be getting the bike in about 48 hours after your payment was confirmed. you will have a 14-day return policy starting with the day you receive the bike, so you will have the chance to test and inspect it before funds are released. if you decide to keep it, they have the Power of Attorney so they will transfer the title into your name and release me the funds, if not they will be responsible for the return shipping and you will have a complete refund within 3 days.

anyway, they will explain you detailed the entire process.

if you want to purchase it, I will be waiting your email so we can get started.

Thanks (end response)

This is a new thing to me so if you've done this before and it isn't a scam let me know.

2. caferace

caferace No.

If you have to ask, it's a scam.

-jim

3. JustinCase

JustinCase I Forget

Ask them if they will take a post dated 2nd party check from the peoples bank of Nigeria.

4. are you buying a bike or negotiating a hostage release?

5. Thumper

Thumper Saved by Grace

:clap: I may try that one.

6. Thumper

Thumper Saved by Grace

Definately sounds like "meet my demands..."

7. CNI Dawg

CNI Dawg Well-Known Member

No problem - just ship it COD :D:D:D

8. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Tell 'em you'll have your 70 year old mother write a check for it.

Then Marietta Motorsports can take care of it for you.

:D

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I probably shouldn't post my responsed to these scams on here, but I'll tell you, they get pretty upset when you talk about their mothers.:D

10. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Oh, do tell, do tell.

I might want to use one of them sometime.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Find out where the safehouse place supposedly is and I'll go look at the bike :D

12. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

where in SC is the one bike??

13. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Your first clue should have been the response from Joe Mugabe. :D

14. Thumper

Thumper Saved by Grace

15. Thumper

Thumper Saved by Grace

16. Thumper

Thumper Saved by Grace

I just got this from the Rome, GA contact.

Hi again,
    the bike is being stored in Charlotte NC at UPS warehouse, the title and all paperwork is along with the bike in their possession. as soon as you provide me with your full name and delivery address, I forward it to eBay and they will notify you with all the instructions, so you can receive them in 24 hours ( with tracking # ).
    Thank You

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Questions From me he supposedly responed to. Notice no contact phone # for the warehouse was given)

So the price includes shipping? When do I pay the money? I've never seen this service before and there are lots of scams going around so I'm sure you'll understand if I check this out. Do you have a contact phone # for the UPS office that has the bike? Thanks.

Will

17. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

I've purchased from craigslist before, but if I cannot personally deal with the person or inspect the vehicle or what not.... No sale.

Its funny how a number of issues that were undisclosed in the ad, over the phone, or e-mail comes to light when your in person.

My $.02

Dawn

18. LEWNITIC

LEWNITIC Racer 2 b

If it's a normal UPS warehouse I'm affiliated with they don't hold motorcycles or deliver them. Does it really need to be said outloud that these are scammers?? Either deal with a person face to face or go on ebay. At least in these ways ur money(identity) is more protected than dealing with Joe Wannascamya or the Second National Bank of Weredafukisdat.

19. Thumper

Thumper Saved by Grace

This was a no go a long time ago. I just wanted to make sure my WERA family was aware of this. I sent another mesage asking if he had a contact info on the warehouse and he replied simply "no". So needless to say that is also my answer.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tell him you have a couple of friends in UPS in Charlotte and they can get into any warehouse to inspect the bike for you. When he bails on that happening, send him a note about passing on his info to them since UPS won't be happy at him using them in a scam :D