Same Sex marriage across the land

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by beac83, Jun 26, 2015.

1. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

As the token Gay here, I guess I get to start this one.

US Supreme Court rules 5-4 that the 14th Amendment requires all states to license and recognize same-sex marriages.

Pretty much the path I expected starting with the furor over Prop 8 back in 2008. After the Lawrence decision and then the more recent one with Winslow, the outcome of Obergefell was pretty much obvious.

Gonna be some big parties at pride day parades in NYC, Chicago, and SF this weekend.

I think I'll go on a ride instead.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

So is this good or bad for Grinder?

:D

About time. Marriage in the US is a civil contract not religious. Thank the Pilgrims for bringing that concept from the Netherlands when they came over.

3. beac83

Overall, it fundamentally will change gay culture in the US. Perhaps not immediately, but things will become far more mundane and conformist.

Whether that is good or bad is a matter of opinion.

As for Grindr, pretty much all men are dogs. It will be fine.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Happy for gays, sad for many, many others.

Why?

Because this is only the beginning.

What can you expect in the coming years?
    Churches who believe in one man-one woman will be labeled as hate groups and lose their tax exempt status.
    Broadcasters who believe differently will be labeled as hate groups and lose their FCC licenses.
    and on and on.

While garden variety gays wanted equality, the activists want much, much more.

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Plural marriages are next.

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Oh Jesus Christ on a crutch Oh fuuuuuuuuuck offffff :

You sound like the idiots calling Obama a communist instead of just saying nigger like they really mean

7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Yo beac! I wanna come to the wedding dressed as frankenfurter!!!!

8. beac83

The outlawing of racial segregation didn't cause any of those institutions you named to change any of their exclusionist practices. I don't expect this change to be any different.

BTW: Broadcasters are licensed to serve the Public Interest, not their own. While they have Free Speech and Press protections under the 1st Amendment, they are still there to serve the "Public Interest, Convenience and Necessity" - that quote from the Communications Act of 1933.

9. beac83

EDIT: Should have been Windsor, not Winslow.

10. Fonda Dix

Time will tell.

11. Fonda Dix

oh, poor baby cant handle the opinions of others. resorts to name calling because he is a fucking petulant child.

No, you fuck off dude.

12. beac83

Baby, find me a good motorcycle riding man to marry, and you can come as any f'ing thing you want to!

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Gays should have every right to enjoy the blissfulness of divorce and alimony too :crackup:

It's funny that while gays are fighting for the right to get married, straight people are abandoning the institution in record numbers. Maybe gays will make it stylish to be married again like they do with fashion.......or maybe they'll quickly figure out what everyone else already knows :D :D :D

14. ton

ton Arf!

possibly.

and i don't have any problem with that, so long as there aren't any state benefits/detriments that differ from what a 2 person marriage would enjoy.

15. ton

ton Arf!

i bet we can help you out in SLC!

16. beac83

They would have to want to be with an old geezer who's rather opinionated :D

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yep wait for the mambla (or whatever the acronym is) to start getting in on this. It will happen within the next 5 years I bet. When they succeed will be longer but short of a major shift in society they will succeed.

18. beac83

Really? I've seen some stupid words come out of your posts, but you've outdone yourself this time.

Where, anywhere in current society, do you see any attempts at lowering the age of consent? Please cite such attempts in the form of bills filed, etc.

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Churches should lose that anyways. Fucking scams of the highest order.

20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

whos the one calling names? :crackup: obviously your reading comprehension is way off. Funny how lack of intelligence and bigotry go hand in hand.

Progress homie. Equal rights under the law.

I can't wait til your kind dies the fuck off.