1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rsv450?

Discussion in 'General' started by want2race, Aug 26, 2004.

1. want2race

want2race Well-Known Member

http://www.aprilialand.com/nuke/html/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=263

SV650 competition? Lightweight twins racing?

I'd like to see it as a 550cc+ with a 90+hp.

It will take forever for them to bring them here, but i'd get one.
    With the envelope pushed so far with open class bikes, it would be nice to have a lightweight twin that's as good right out of the box (no offence to SV riders).

Since the spent all the money on R&D for that motor they might as well put it in as many applications as they can (dirt, SM, street/race).

2. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Punched out to 550cc, I'm thinking Clubman killer.

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I thought that Duc was the Clubman Killer?

4. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

WAS! :D BTW, I did better than 1:53 at VIR. :p

5. smooth

smooth Well-Known Member

I think that would be a sweet handling bike. Will Ducati let them follow thru with it?

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It may not be all it can be from what I've heard. ;)

7. 418

418 Expert #59

Why would they need Ducati's permission...???

8. 418

418 Expert #59

Keep talking....

9. want2race

want2race Well-Known Member

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Piaggio. The scooter company.

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Darrin.....

[​IMG]

:D

12. smooth

smooth Well-Known Member

Wow! I heard that Ducati was looking at purchasing part of the company, didn't know about the scooter company. I read somewhere a few years ago that Aprilia made most of their money from the sale of scooters.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap. and then Italy instituded a helmet law for all scooters as well as motorcycles and the scooter market went bust.

Ducati was rumored to be after Moto Guzzi and decided to play hard ball with Aprilia thinking they didn't have any other options. Aprilia did.

In the end Ducati got F'ed in the A, Aprilia is done as an independent company and Piaggio is smiling.

14. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

As you can see from the date on the link this is kind of old news. The Aprilia world, especially the 250 clan, was buzzing when the news first hit but there has been no follow up that I'm aware of. I'd be all over one of these if they produce it but I've heard no dates, etc. The Munich bike show comes up in about 3 weeks so maybe we'll have some word then.

15. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Bring your ass out of retirement next year and we'll see about owned.

16. 418

418 Expert #59

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!! :eek:

:D

17. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Huh? Do tell. I hope you don't burst my dream... otherwise I'm going back to my RVF400 plans.

Paging Rocky Stargel for comment???

18. 418

418 Expert #59

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon people, get with it... :D

19. smooth

smooth Well-Known Member

That's too bad. I like Aprilia. Maybe this scooter company will leave them alone to make killer bikes while providing them with the stable financial base that Aprilia obviously needs. One can hope anyway . . . . :)

20. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I think any company that looks at the numbers objectively will pull the plug on the MotoGP effort. :(