RRW rips the 600RR

Discussion in 'General' started by sdiver, Feb 7, 2003.

1. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Sam, say what you mean next time! Don't sugarcoat it :D

Although, I'm more than sure the RR, when massaged, will win its share of races, I'm also disappointed in the effort.

2. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

Damning with faint praise is an artform, and Sam is an artist. I thought the article was great.

But, I don't think the article was a total rip. I read it more like "if it lost 15 lbs, and had better brake pads it might be as good as the competition." He was very careful about not extrapolating his experience to judge what the bike will be like in supersport from.

3. Devilredr6

Devilredr6 Well-Known Member

I read this review and a few other published on the bike. Seems the best thing about the bike is the rear suspension set up. They all seem to agree it really works in the real world just as planned on paper.
    "cant wait to see what suzuki does with the gixxer for 04"

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I love Sams writing style! I was really glad that Sam was chosen (or was it available) to do reviews of the new for '03 600's.

I'm loving the fact that RRW is publishing the AOD endurance articles in the offseason when I'm really jones'n. I've never felt particularly welcome at the AOD pits (maybe its all the black) but the inside look at their team fascinates me.

5. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

6. 418

418 Expert #59

Maybe because of it's long ass swingarm...

Easier to launch, I say.