1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rossi and Hamilton swap seats

Discussion in 'General' started by code3ryder, Dec 11, 2019.

1. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Surprised this hasn't been brought up (search Rossi).

They swapped seats and bits and bobs are starting to leak out. Saw one Twitter mention that Lewis may have pulled a Crutchlow.

https://www.roadracingworld.com/new...wis-hamilton-swap-race-machinery-at-valencia/

To me, this goes back to people that said that mere mortals couldn't ride a MotoGP bike (how much would you pay for 5 laps thread). Hamilton isn't anything special on a bike and he did good enough (apparently).

Pretty cool that they swapped and I'm looking forward to Rossi's times.

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

LH's body position has improved quite a bit since his last track outing with VDM.

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Hamilton also crashed a bike per a few sources.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

5. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

So freakin cool IMO. LH looks pretty good on the M1 must have been an amazing experience.

I’d like to know how close VRs lap times were to LH in the F1 car bc he apparently can race most moving objects competitively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  6. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

That’s awesome.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

VR46 lapped within 2 seconds of LH.

LH lapped 45 seconds slower than VR46.

LH is a dbag.

/summary

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Is that true? I thought they said no lap times were recorded/released?

If it is true, to put it in perspective....Schummy lapped the same course on Stoner's GP7 Ducati 12 years ago @ 1:37.89. Only 7 seconds off the lap record of the time set by Pedrobot.

9. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

Are these numbers legit? Or rumor? If true that’s impressive

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Rossi definitely turned lap times within 2 seconds a few years back.....
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/935108/1/rossi-felt-real-f1-driver-during-hamilton-swap

"Valencia was the scene of Rossi's only test alongside regular F1 drivers and teams, in February 2006. Driving a modified 2004-spec Ferrari, Rossi finished the test twelfth fastest, within 1.5sec of reigning F1 champion Fernando Alonso (Renault) and just 0.711secs from fellow Ferrari driver Michael Schumacher.

Such performances saw Rossi hotly linked with a full-time switch to F1."

....but the Hamilton numbers dunno about?

busa99 likes this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah I made that stuff up. VR has already divulged that he had a seat with Ferrari if he chose, but he loves bikes too much. One of the reasons why I think he's the GOAT. He could have driven for Ferrari, FFS! And, I have no doubt that he could have bagged a championship for them.

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Within 2 seconds might as well be a week.

13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

14. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Nothing to see. PR stuff.

ShadowBoxer and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Reported

Quicktoy, stk0308, Steeltoe and 2 others like this.
  16. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Does that mean he dumped it in the kitty litter, had the pace to win or just needs more factory parts? I'm confused, but that's nothing new.

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

So what if he did, he has the cash to have them fix it. If Rossi binned the Mercedes he might have to sell a few more t-shirts. :D

YamahaRick likes this.
  18. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

IIRC, back when he went to Ducati, Marlboro tried to work a deal where he would ride the duck for a couple years then go to Ferrari. The guy can go fast on 4 wheels. He does one rally race a year and wins almost every time.

19. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Strictly speaking, it could also mean he won. He was only racing Rossi, not one of the young and fast guys.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I heard 1.5 from someone this morning.

Newyork likes this.