1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rode nola this weekend!

Discussion in 'General' started by skip salenius, Feb 13, 2012.

1. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

yep! that tack is fast as f#@k!:eek: i rode/instructed w/tracktactics this weekend down there. WOW! the big bikes will be doing 180+ going down the front straight into t-1. there's a set of sweepers on the back side right/left/right/left that you enter at over 140mph. it's like a big roebling road. it was really cold so noone went really fast. i'm guessing the superbikes will be somewhee in the low 1:40ish laptimes and the 600's in the mid to hight 40's. no elevation. it's on a marsh/swamp. there's still a bunch of work that needs to be done around the facility. it's really wide. lots of lines to choose from. ya'll are gonna love it!:up: i even ran into brett champaign ("cajun") down there. it was nice to see him.

2. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

3. Aaron71

Aaron71 BEEMER

+1

Great event put on by TrackTactics and NOLA Motorsports. Big thanks to Skip and all the other AMA racers that participated....That Sh*t was Awesome even with the low temps! :up::up

June can't get here soon enough! :cool:

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Agreed. Very cold but had fun. Still have lots of time to make up in the Esses on the back side. And turn on can be carried with more speed than I'm currently doing. But I'm going to be control riding there soon when NOLA has their trackdays so I should know it very well soon.

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Any word Skip on a completion date for the Full course Skip?

6. skip salenius

not sure? there's a bunch of clearing out that's been done already. i saw where they were starting to do the other part of the course. we were actually the first vehicles of any kind on the new "big" part of the track. it was really green! i'm back there again in may. it will be interesting to see the evolution from now to then. it's gonna be nice, tho.:up:

7. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Sounds good, closer than Barber for me and I just bought a new 1000 so it sounds like a perfect fit.

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Cool... I am thinking of venturing down in May... Looks like a fun track even half done...:up:

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

The FULL course won't be done for some time. I'd stay approximately 2 years or so.

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Was there a chic on a Ninja 650 ripping up the track?

11. skip salenius

noone was "RIPPIN'" around on a ninja 650 this weekend. girl or boy. they might have been out there, but it was to cold to "rip it" out there on anything.

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yeah, she told me it was pretty slippery in some spots.
    I'm sure she was on street tires also.

13. jay956

jay956 Well-Known Member

It was a fantastic weekend all things considered. One red flag all weekend in 40 degree weather sound pretty good to me. Skip, the other AMA guys, Dave Moss, ans Joe from 4TheRiders all made it a special trip and well worth the 18 hour drive.

She did good! Really progressed through the weekend.

14. IWANNAGOFAST15

IWANNAGOFAST15 #NEVERFORGET

Yes very fun weekend and very cool to meet skip, I only almost had some trackday rubbing going on with him. I was on the red and white triumph 675 and running 1 red thruxton and another black thruxton. It was awesome on those bikes! Tapped out the front straight as well as the back left and right section.

15. jay956

jay956 Well-Known Member

Lets play who's the coldest....
    [​IMG]

16. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Thanks for the report Skip. Can't wait to ride the place.

17. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

The guy that can't stand unassisted???

18. skip salenius

he didn't say oldest, tryce. he said coldest. fucker!

19. EAndrews

EAndrews Well-Known Member

Skip you looked pissed as hell in this one.. :crackup:

20. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

So you were the oldest AND coldest...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012